Anything besides Speck?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Ghz, 80Gb Blackbook
Curious if anyone has a speck case for their BLACKbook. My Audrey (Blackbook) has been feeling the wrath of greasy oiled residue left behind from my hair wax every time I pick it up. If anyone does have a speck case for their BLACKbook, what color did you choose? Any pictures? God im desperate.

Also, I saw a darkish greyish black case (similar to speck case) on ebay too. I was thinking about purchasing one for $10. If it doesn't work out eh, only $10. Any input on that ladies and gents?

Sorry for ranting. One week old Mac user here. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
no worries...welcome to Mac-Forums! (wow, I've been around now and can say that too ;) )

I don't post direct links to my company's catalog here, but YMS has the line of Speck SeeThru cases with pictures. Just go to the link in my sig and type in "seethru" in the search box there. :)

OP
Scremox
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Ghz, 80Gb Blackbook
whoa $50 for clear stickers seem a bit steep don't you think? You have any pictures of those suckers being on your mac do you? I would very much appreciate pix pix pixs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
whoa $50 for clear stickers seem a bit steep don't you think? You have any pictures of those suckers being on your mac do you? I would very much appreciate pix pix pixs.

I could take pictures but you wouldn't be able to see anything, its a very tough clear film.

OP
Scremox
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Ghz, 80Gb Blackbook
That'd be more than what I got right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Just go to the link in my sig and type in "seethru" in the search box there. :)
If you do this, make certain you type "seethru" as shown! I did "see thru" (with space) and it came up with "no products match your search." ;D

OP
Scremox
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Ghz, 80Gb Blackbook
Ugh, nothing seems to compliment the blackbook's beauty. Im taking a 2nd look at the clear yet im quite unsure still about its cheap plastic appearance. Perhaps the blue might look nicer in person...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
So yeah I came upon this at around 4AM in the morning. Im spending my finals study week wisely!

http://www.techshell.com/

nice... the bottom part seems to have a small hole for the battery-indicator-button-thingy too... and the design is smoother than the speck, no embossed parts. aaaw shucks... this one seems better, has anyone used the techshell yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
hmmm.. no vents at the bottom though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i dont think youll find much to make the Blackbook prettier, its already dead sexy. most everything you cover it up with is not gonna look as good.

as far as putting these on a MB, i wouldnt, those things are portable heaters :)

OP
Scremox
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Ghz, 80Gb Blackbook
hmmm.. no vents at the bottom though

Aw shucky pucks. I can't believe I missed that MAJOR detail. Well I emailed the company, hopefully they can tell me that there are invisible vents around the entire case. :'( Golly gosh I feel like an idiot stick.

But its so beautiful...

attachment.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Yea no vents = bad. You'll destroy your macbook dude. The vents on the SeeThru cases are really what sold me on them when I did my review of the product. For the black book, I'd recommend the Red case, it looks the best when they're together.

If you're going to look at a case like this, you have to think about a couple of things:

1) how easy does it go on/come off in case i need to take it off
2) how well does it vent heat
3) is the case actually durable plastic that won't crack at first sign of danger

The SeeThru meets those qualifications. Our Japanese customers are clamoring for them currently...well maybe they just trust my word on my review. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube

The invisibleSHIELD is awesome and is worth every penny if you want to keep your MacBook scratch-free. You can literally take your keys and run them over the casing and it won't scratch. Aside from the price, the only real negative is that large pieces like the lid piece are nearly impossible to get on perfectly. I'd suggest simply getting a clear Speck case instead. They also sell a black one.

OP
Scremox
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Ghz, 80Gb Blackbook
Yea no vents = bad. You'll destroy your macbook dude. The vents on the SeeThru cases are really what sold me on them when I did my review of the product. For the black book, I'd recommend the Red case, it looks the best when they're together.

If you're going to look at a case like this, you have to think about a couple of things:

1) how easy does it go on/come off in case i need to take it off
2) how well does it vent heat
3) is the case actually durable plastic that won't crack at first sign of danger

The SeeThru meets those qualifications. Our Japanese customers are clamoring for them currently...well maybe they just trust my word on my review. ;)

I recently emailed the techshell concerning the no vent issues, Marks@techshell replied:

Heat has not been an issue in our testing or customer experiences...
The vents aren't blocked, so the fan is still able to blow out OK.
There is a program called smc fancontrol at http://homepage.mac.com/
holtmann/eidac/software/smcfancontrol2/index.html if you're
concerned about heat. It can even allow you to adjust the fan speed
manually, so your MacBook will run cooler

Peace of mind to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.