Anyone else annoyed by....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Some of us are a bit register-phobic.
icon10.gif
I've gotten spammed too many times when I register "for free." For that reason, it took me a couple of weeks before deciding to chance it here. So I was stuck putting in "mac-forums" and the security code for each search. Hence the sympathy.
icon12.gif

M

MacHeadCase

Here's what I do... I have a .Mac account and I now sign up with aliases that I can discard if I get spammed. But I have to say .Mac is very good: I just don't get spam in that account.

*Moowhah!* A big fat kiss to Apple!

Reaction score
I've gotten spammed too many times when I register "for free." For that reason, it took me a couple of weeks before deciding to chance it here.
One way to feel better about a choice is to clear the browser's cookies then run through some posts on a site. Then check for second-party/redirect cookies, especially Google's and ad-farm cookies that would track you on the other side if they could.

But if you happen to click on a link in a post, the cookies might have come from the linked site, so the test would be invalid.

I've never seen this occur on Mac-Forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.