Any Mac and Oppo owners here on the board?

Reaction score
During the [being careful not to offend the political among us] "lockdown" period, my wife and I decided to finally do something about the goal we had only previously talked about; namely, turning a room in our new [to us] house into an A/V/D enjoyment area. After doing some research on the matter, we added an Oppo player to our stereo music equipment rack and, after that, a new stereo power amp and a center channel speaker to match what we already own.

As I'm slowly trying to learn more about the "D" in A/V/D, I've discovered that there are certain drawbacks to being Mac computer users. Our Oppo 105D, for example, doesn't seem to be recognizing USB inputs, which leads me to my first questions: Does one need an external HDMI-capable display to properly access the internal Oppo setup menus? Can this somehow be accomplished via a MacBook Pro laptop?

I realize that I'm mixing audio and computer hardware here, but I'm posting in the hope that someone else has tried to use Mac gear with their audio stuff.

Thank you ~ Okla

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.