another water damage thread

Reaction score
sorry for making another one of these guys i imagine it gets pretty annoying after a while. but i spilt a little water onto my keyboard, but the comp still functions ALMOST perfectly. the only problem is that the audio is pretty messed up. it will work for a little bit than stop intermittently. this happens with both music and video audio. if I have speakers plugged in, sometimes sound will stop coming out of the external speakers and i can hear it come thru the laptops speakers. it's pretty hard to explain, so i hope this sounds like something familiar

I'm mainly wondering what the water could have affected. most likely i screwed the main board, in which case I've taken a dive into the shallow end. but since everything else about the notebook works (with the exception of a few keys), is there a chance that I could have damaged something much easier and cheaper to replace, like the soundcard?

thanks
stinger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.