• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

AMD 64 3000. trade for 800 ibook

T

T L Rominger

I have an emachine M6805 laptop. It has 512 Meg of RAM and a 60 gig harddrive. Video is a 9600 with 64 Meg of dedicated VRAM. The screen is 15 inch wide screen. Along with all this it still has 2 years left on its extended service plan from Best Buy. Like the title says I would like to trade it for a 800 MHz ibook or better. The only blemish on it is 2 hairline cracks on the hindge caver. These are not structual and are covered in the service plan. Contact me for picts and questions, I would much rather let it go this way than deal with Ebay and the such.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
T L Rominger said:
I have an emachine M6805 laptop. It has 512 Meg of RAM and a 60 gig harddrive. Video is a 9600 with 64 Meg of drdicated VRAM. The screen is 15 inch wide screen. Along with all this it still has 2 years left on its extended service plan from Best Buy. Like the title says I would like to trade it for a 800 MHz ibook or better. The only blemish on it is 2 hairline cracks on the hindge caver. These are not structual and are covered in the service plan. Contact me for picts and questions, I would much rather let it go this way than deal with Ebay and the such.

I think you would have better luck on eBay.

OP
J

jessica

That exact model of the emachine was notorious for the hinge cracks and apparently emachines or compaq that is, was supposed to replace the hinge covers on all laptops that had that issue. I would get that problem fixed and try ebay as well. Being a Mac forum I think many people here are either in the market for a mac or using a mac right now. Those who are not may be interested, but for real interest I would check out ebay or notebookforums.com.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
jessica said:
That exact model of the emachine was notorious for the hinge cracks and apparently emachines or compaq that is, was supposed to replace the hinge covers on all laptops that had that issue. I would get that problem fixed and try ebay as well. Being a Mac forum I think many people here are either in the market for a mac or using a mac right now. Those who are not may be interested, but for real interest I would check out ebay or notebookforums.com.

Good Luck.
I agree with jessica about the ebay thing
Incidently jessica, some of the images on your sight are superb!
Alex

OP
T

T L Rominger

jessica said:

Good Luck.

Thanks I am doing that now. Just a tid bit of info. eMachine is its own company that Gateway bought the laptop line from. Hi ** Hi ** its off to ebay I go....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Hey b4 you take it to ebay, i work for best buy in columbus, OH not sure where your from when emachine had that bad strick in the plastic's and if you had a service plan we where fixing them for our customers or if it's one that was recalled we was taking care of all the swaping out for the customers, you might try your best buy and see if they are doing the same for there customers.

OP
T

T L Rominger

mdavis71 said:
Hey b4 you take it to ebay, i work for best buy in columbus, OH not sure where your from when emachine had that bad strick in the plastic's and if you had a service plan we where fixing them for our customers or if it's one that was recalled we was taking care of all the swaping out for the customers, you might try your best buy and see if they are doing the same for there customers.

Thanks for the info but good news. It sold on Ebay in less than 12 hours. I in turn went retro and picked up a heavily upgraded G3 Lombard. 512 of RAM and a 7400 rpm 60 Gig hardrive. I'm going to user for my iTune computer and playing around with OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.