Amazon purchases question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I was just wondering, if I put items in my shopping cart, then used the link on the forum to purchase, will that still help out the forum? I did that a few times before Christmas, but keep forgetting to ask the forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 m1 MacBook Air , iPhone XR product red, 2008 iMac, Apple Watch 1st generationiPad 8th gen
I just bought a new digital ham radio off of Amazon, wish I knew I could have helped the group out by buying something on Amazon....

OP
ferrarr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I just bought a new digital ham radio off of Amazon, wish I knew I could have helped the group out by buying something on Amazon....
Yes, on any page, there should be links to "Shop Amazon" which will help Mac-Forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I was just wondering, if I put items in my shopping cart, then used the link on the forum to purchase, will that still help out the forum? I did that a few times before Christmas, but keep forgetting to ask the forum?

And related to that question, how do I use the Mac-forums Amazon's "shop now" when I am using my Amazon.ca Canadian account.

Clicking on the Mac-forums Amazon's "shop now" takes me to my Amazon American Account that I don't normally use, due to several disadvantages.

Thanks.

- Patrick
=======

krs

Reaction score
Didn't a moderator post a while back that they added amazon.ca and amazon.uk to the buying options via this forum?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Okay....... Here's how to go to your local Amazon Web Site.

Click on the "Forums" menu item at the top left of the main menu.

The screen that opens from there will show links for Amazon US, CA, and UK.

Click on the one local for you.

And to answer Bob's question.... You have to go to the Amazon site from the forums in order for us to get the credit for the sale. It may be possible to do it the other way, but I can't be sure that it will work out for us.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey guys thanks for the Amazon questions...here are answers:

1. If I put items in my shopping cart, then used the link on the forum to purchase, will that still help out the forum?

I believe the best way is to first click on the Amazon "Shop Now" button found on any Mac-Forums page (upper right corner)...then do your Amazon purchasing. It may work the other way as well (shopping on Amazon first...then clicking "Shop Now" here at Mac-Forums)...I haven't tried it both ways.

One way to definitely determine if Amazon knows if you're using the Mac-Forums link...is if you see this code somewhere in the URL at Amazon/Amazon Cart...macforums0e4-20.

2. How do I use the Mac-forums Amazon's "shop now" when I am using my Amazon.ca Canadian account?

The Mac-Forums Home Page has direct "Shop Now" Amazon links for Amazon US, Amazon Australia, and Amazon Canada. Other Mac-Forums pages have not been updated yet...and only have the single "Shop Now" link for Amazon US.

Unfortunately Amazon does not make things easy...by allowing for a single unified "Shop Now" button for the entire world. The "Shop Now" links need to be by individual country.

Thanks very very much everyone. We really appreciate the support!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 13 v11.1, i5 2.4 GHz, 256 GBs SSD, 8 GBs DDRs
Add me to the list of people, who did not know this; also add me to the list of people, who will shop at Amazon by first visiting this forum first.

I do have a question...

If my shopping cart is already full with items wanted via directly going to Amazon, does this forum gets the credit, if I complete the order going to Amazon via the forum's link? My order isn't urgent, I can wait a day....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Mac-Forums Home Page has direct "Shop Now" Amazon links for Amazon US, Amazon Australia, and Amazon Canada. Other Mac-Forums pages have not been updated yet...and only have the single "Shop Now" link for Amazon US...

Unfortunately Amazon does not make things easy...by allowing for a single unified "Shop Now" button for the entire world. The "Shop Now" links need to be by individual country.

I hope I made it easier for myself, I clicked on the Shop now For the Canada site link and then just added that to my bookmarks, appropriately named.

It seems to work and has the appropriate macforums0e4-20 tag:
https://www.amazon.ca/?tag=

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This is what I think will happen....

If Amazon recognizes you when you click on the forum link, then we should get credit for what you purchase that's in your cart.

But like Nick and I stated above, it's best to go to Amazon from our link. I'm fairly certain Amazon will know who you are once the cookie and link are established.

For example: I can go to my Amazon account from Chrome or Safari thru the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
also add me to the list of people, who will shop at Amazon by first visiting this forum first.

Try doing what I did as I posted just after yours, create a specific bookmark for any amazon purchasing.

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try doing what I did as I posted just after yours, create a specific bookmark for any amazon purchasing.

Why do you need a specific bookmark? You have our forums bookmarked don't you? :unsure:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why do you need a specific bookmark? You have our forums bookmarked don't you? :unsure:

Yes, M-F Is bookmarked, but this method is nice and convenient and handy for me and it will be ready to begin working each time I go to Amazon.ca and make any purchase.

My mind is not on Mac-Forums and/or remembering to click any Links when I am shopping for something and I don't always go to the main forums page when I log in.
So this way you get a better chance of getting any percentage from amazon from any of my purchases as you get linked and benefit automatically in case I forget.

Also, I like letting my iMac do the work for me when I can, that's why I bought a computer, or at least why I bought a Mac. :Smirk:

Just one simple click and I've done everything and I'm ready to go shopping at amazon.ca. And hopefully, you or M-F will be rewarded.

- Patrick
=======

krs

Reaction score
I think Patrick has a great idea there.

In December I bought several thousand dollars worth of items at amazon.ca, we have 3 family birthdays in December and then of course Christmas.
I have a link for amazon in my "shopping" folder bookmark and a link to this forum in my "Mac" folder bookmark, but when I shop on line at amazon, I never think of heading to my "Mac" folder to click to amazon through the Mac forum. I just go to amazon directly, but things in my basket and check out.
Changing my amazon bookmark sounds like the perfect solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 13 v11.1, i5 2.4 GHz, 256 GBs SSD, 8 GBs DDRs
Great idea Patrick, it works just fine.

I didn't think that tag is the same in all cases, some sites generate browser specific tags at the given time.

I've just completed my purchase at Amazon today, by following the link from the forum. How do I know if it actually worked, a.i. credit issued for the forum account?

Reaction score
Okay....... Here's how to go to your local Amazon Web Site.

Click on the "Forums" menu item at the top left of the main menu.

The screen that opens from there will show links for Amazon US, CA, and UK.

Click on the one local for you.

And to answer Bob's question.... You have to go to the Amazon site from the forums in order for us to get the credit for the sale. It may be possible to do it the other way, but I can't be sure that it will work out for us.
Hi does the work on a mobile device
Has i can’t find it on my iPhone 8 Plus
Neil

OP
ferrarr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi does the work on a mobile device
Has i can’t find it on my iPhone 8 Plus
Neil
Are you using the Mac-Forums app, or a browser? I don't believe it is available in the app.

OP
ferrarr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you scroll to the bottom?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.