• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Amazon Prime Day October 13th & 14th

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The next Amazon Prime day (days) are this coming October 13th & 14th (2 days from today).

As many of us know...Amazon Prime days are when Amazon.com offers better deals on many times (many times they can be the best/lowest prices ever on the items on special/sale).

If you have plans to purchase anything (we do mean anything) via Amazon.com during Prime Day (or at any other time of the year)...please use the Amazon.com link found on almost every Mac-Forums page:

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 1.32.01 PM.png

By using this link first...Mac-Forums receives a small amount from each sale...which helps "keep the lights on" and make improvements! Thanks:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Unfortunately the Amazon link only opens the .com and not the co.uk that we need this side of the pond. Unless you know better that is :unsure:

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately the Amazon link only opens the .com and not the co.uk that we need this side of the pond. Unless you know better that is :unsure:

Thanks for mentioning that...great to know. Will investigate.

- Nick

krs

Reaction score
There should be a way to automatically connect to the correct amazon country website based on the IP address of the member.
I have actually bought from all three, amazon.com, .ca and the UK site depending where the item is to be shipped or sometimes depending which site offers the particular item I want.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Made some modifications for the Amazon link on the Mac-Forums Home Page (for Canada & the UK).

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 11.47.04 AM.png

Does this work for the Canada & UK folks?

- Nick

krs

Reaction score
Yes, looks good for me.

There are a number of Australian members in the forum.
Does Australia have a separate amazon website and if so, should that be added as well?

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are a number of Australian members in the forum.
Does Australia have a separate amazon website and if so, should that be added as well?

Yes there is a separate Amazon site for Australia...and Australia could be added. Mac-Forums receives visitors from 167 different countries. Really don't want to leave anyone out...but got to draw the line somewhere. 167 individual Amazon "Shop Now" buttons would be a bit extreme. Lol

We're investigating the IP address idea...that would be much better!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Sorry Nick, but I still just get the single option that takes me to your site mate?

167? Blimey, I would get confusticated at more then 3 or 4 options. I am a great fan of the African tribe that is supposed to count

One

Two

Many

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry Nick, but I still just get the single option that takes me to your site mate?

Only been changed on the Home Page so far. Other pages to follow soon.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That looks better now I have tried it in the right place. Ta for that Nick.

BUT, being a right pain in the sit-upon, we have been using Amazon Smile. That way we are also contributing to one of our favourite charities.

Any chances pretty please :whistle::whistle::whistle:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
BUT, being a right pain in the sit-upon, we have been using Amazon Smile. That way we are also contributing to one of our favourite charities.

Should continue to work the same John. I can click on our Amazon link and it will take me to where I can choose "Smile". I'm not a big fan of "Smile" because they do not include some charities that I normally contribute to .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.