Almost a switcher...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
don't feel pressured to buy the app right away. i bought my mbp in february and spent basically all my savings on it. five months on and i noticed a spare $500 odd dollars in my account and i've just days ago purchased the app plan (with edu discount of course).

btw, i may be incorrect, but i believe the people above who think that the app gives an additional 3 years warranty are wrong, and that in actual fact, the app only takes the warranty to 3 years from the original purchase date.

OP
softtack
Reaction score
Fair enough; I sometimes wrongly assume that people go for boot-camp/Vista to play DX10 games.
That's understandable. I'm sure there are a lot of people who want/got a MBP thinking they could do some gaming with the 8600GT. It's not a bad card, relative to my current Intel Extreme Graphics laptop, but it should run some of the more popular games such as CS and Half-Life without a hitch. I just want a good CPU and GPU for decoding HD content. :D

don't feel pressured to buy the app right away. i bought my mbp in february and spent basically all my savings on it. five months on and i noticed a spare $500 odd dollars in my account and i've just days ago purchased the app plan (with edu discount of course).

btw, i may be incorrect, but i believe the people above who think that the app gives an additional 3 years warranty are wrong, and that in actual fact, the app only takes the warranty to 3 years from the original purchase date.
I wish I could find a spare $500 in my bank account ;D. I'll probably purchase the APP later on. It doesn't really matter to me if it extends it to 3 or 4 years because I'll probably have moved onto a new computer by then.

Reaction score
Regarding the Apple Care plan I thought it only covered you for an extra 2 years after the first year with Apple comes to an end so you only get 3 years in total, am I right?

Reaction score
Regarding the Apple Care plan I thought it only covered you for an extra 2 years after the first year with Apple comes to an end so you only get 3 years in total, am I right?

yes, that it is right. it extends both your warranty and technical support to three years from the original purchase date ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.