All music on my iPhone has suddenly been removed?

Reaction score
When I go into music on my iPhone via iTunes, none of the music on is on the device. I can still view my list of songs but they all have a ! Symbol next to them. Why is this? It's an iPhone 5 on iOS8. Can't think of anything I have done to cause this. I updated to iOS8 a while ago and the music was fine.

Reaction score
I guess deleting and re-adding the songs in your original folder will do the trick.

OP
Cooler
Reaction score
Are you sure the music is still in your iTunes folder?

Sorry, I mean when I'm on iTunes I click my iPhone > Music. The music is stored on the iPhone. I can still see the songs just not play them.

Reaction score
Did you try restarting iTunes already? Always try that I guess.. I don't own a iphone but I'm familiar with the ! signs. Not storing music in my iTunes library anymore. Will it cost you a lot of work to just delete the songs on your phone and re-add them?

OP
Cooler
Reaction score
Did you try restarting iTunes already? Always try that I guess.. I don't own a iphone but I'm familiar with the ! signs. Not storing music in my iTunes library anymore. Will it cost you a lot of work to just delete the songs on your phone and re-add them?

Yes tried that. I have most my music backed up so not a huge problem. Would like to know why this happened though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.