airport isn't sending signals to my pc?

Reaction score
okay, so the cable internet modem is connected by ethernet to my airport extreme. on the cable installation cd though it is still giving me this message:

The Ethernet cable is not connected to the computer. Please check the connection and select "retry".

I am so confused at this point and completely out of ideas. I've been messing with this for days now. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. sigh. help.

Reaction score
Is this a probem between your Mac and Router, Router and Modem, or Wintel PC to Router?

To me PC = Personal Computer which could mean either Mac or Wintel; despite what the commericals say.

If PC to Router check the IP settings on the PC. For testing purposes set the PC to use DHCP (change later). THis is to ensure you're in the same netblock. DHCP will broadcast, and the PC should detect the IP and you should get a connection. To me it appears the router is blocking the ethernet port, or PC. You can then go into the Router and check for mac address blocking, or scheduled time of operation. Also ensure you understand what netblock you're working on. I believe the Airport Extreme will allow the users to work on a 10.10.x.x net, as well 192.168.x.x - poke around and test.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.