Airport gone missing

Reaction score
Hey, btw those guys really know how to squeeze your wallet. I did a complete OS reinstall on my macbook for the first time since I bought it last december. If I had done that within 90 days of my purchase, I woulda had a legion of computer wizes try to fix my newcomer problem. I called three times before I got someone who could hold me a decent and respectful conversation without talking about "Purchasing apple care protection plan" every third sentence.

This being said, and it does feel good, my airport icon is gone and nothing about it can be found in system preferences(Missing one of four; Firewire, Ethernet, bluetooth, AIRPORT(Missing)). I havent had a chance to familiarize myself with macOS yet, but on my quest for a solution I started tumbling on articles and discussion about .plist's. Cant find the one on airportpreferences whatever it's called, Or maybe I didnt look at the right place(Library/preferences). Thats where I'm at. Help ! Plz!

BtW its Leopard 10.5.4 ...
And Hi everyone, hope we can get along ! (Ill get that username fixed, hopefully)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's located here:

/Users/user name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.airport.airportutility.plist

(user name = your user name)

You say the airport icon (preference) disappeared when you re-installed Leopard? I assume then it was there prior to you re-installing? Why did you re-install Leopard? Were you having difficulties with something?

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
I wasnt having any problem, it's just my way of cleaning, ahah ! Well, my faith in Mac has returned after I rebooted without the modem plugged into the macbook, the airport was detected !(?) My problem is solved. Now I can surf on my sofa and the patio. More will come in time ! And I will solve them ! Ahahah ! :)

OP
T
Reaction score
But that file; Users/user name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.airport.airportutility.plist
Is not there. Dunno if that matters ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.