• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Airport Extreme Update..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1.8GHz C2D iSight 1GB RAM 160GB HDD
Hey

If you use Airport, you might want to Software Update :D

This update is recommended for all Intel-based Macintosh computers and includes compatibility updates for certain third-party access points configured to use WPA™ or WPA2™ security.

WPA and WPA2 are trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

So if anyone wants to use WPA or WPA2 then you now can.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Glad you posted this since I forgot to. Also it seems only for the Intel Macs as none of my PPC Macs (G4 and G5) updated. I updated my Core Duo Mini. Seemed about the same but it's always worked here with any router in the house and WPA and WPA2 anyway.

If you have an Intel Mac with Airport I would for sure install it. It very well might help someone with a WiFi connection issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I also read that you should Install this update Before you Install the enabler that comes on the CD with the Airport

OP
Dean786
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1.8GHz C2D iSight 1GB RAM 160GB HDD
I only use Airport if my ethernet is mucking around. I still would update it if you use Ethernet, you never know when the Airplane is ready to land in the Airport lol!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.