Airport express daisy chain setup

Reaction score
I am entirely confused. I am trying to set up airtunes on my imac G5 so that itunes can play on the computer speakers as well as an unconnected living room stereo. I do not have an airport wireless card, nor an extreme base station. I do have two airport express units. The mac employees told me that through some daisy chain sequence that I could get the second stereo to play with just these two items. I am using a DSL line whose router is currently connected to a wireless router. Does anyone know how I can make this work with my current tools? Did I get bad information and simply now need to acquire either a wireless card or airport extreme?

Any and all assitance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.
Is your computer plugged into the router?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
Maybe you should only plug your computer into the airport express and not into the router and then, in internet connections, set up airport express as your connection

Reaction score
Doesn't the airport express have 1 Ethernet connection? i don't think you can plug your computer into that unless you link it wirelessly to your router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The hard wired router doesn't matter here. You have to have a wireless card in you computer for this to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.