AirPort Card alternatives for iBook G3 500

P

photomize

I have an iBook G3 500 (dual USB) and I have been putting off getting an AirPort card for it for two years. Now that I want one it seems they have been discontinued and the price for the non-Extreme AirPort cards are skyrocketing. I thought I might look into non-AirPort cards and drivers for the machine. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Any suggestions which cards will work with what drivers? Any thoughts on where I can get a good price on an AirPort card and save myself some hassle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

photomize in IL

OP
R

Ryanstech

Best place to look would be Ebay I'd say, the orginals have quickly gotten hard to find.

OP
S

Songster

photomize said:
I have an iBook G3 500 (dual USB) and I have been putting off getting an AirPort card for it for two years. Now that I want one it seems they have been discontinued and the price for the non-Extreme AirPort cards are skyrocketing. I thought I might look into non-AirPort cards and drivers for the machine. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Any suggestions which cards will work with what drivers? Any thoughts on where I can get a good price on an AirPort card and save myself some hassle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

photomize in IL

--------------------------------
Hello, You may find the cards still available at expercom.com
Original Airport Card $79.
Link: http://www.expercom.com/product_detail.html?PRODUCT_ID=290654

Good luck
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.