Airdrop issues need help

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with airdrop.. I have a 12 pro max and my wife has a 12 pro. All the settings are correct for each phone to do airdrop. I can airdrop a photo to her phone. When she trys to airdrop to my iphone 12 pro max it doesn't show my Iphone to select. Wifi is on, Bluetooth is on, no hotspot. The phones are sitting next to each other. HELP????

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Go to Settings->General->Airdrop and see what option you have selected there. If Receiving off, that's your problem. If Contacts Only, confirm your wife's phone is in your contacts.

Failing all that, try the last option to see if your phone shows up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
OP
TimothyFS
Reaction score
Ok, Both Iphones 12pro max and 13 Pro are on the same network. My phone is on her contact and her's mine. Both are on 16.6. still can't airdrop

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Let's take a step back and confirm that this is even working. Choose the option "Everyone for 10 minutes" on both of your phones. Now check that you can airdrop from yours to hers and vice versa.

If the issue of her phone to yours persists, then you should try do a hard reset with these steps:
  1. Press the Volume Up button and release it.
  2. Press the Volume Down button and release it.
  3. Press and hold the Side button (ignore the slide to power off slider). When the Apple logo appears, let go of the Side button. Wait for the iPhone to restart
Now try the airdrop again. If that doesn't work, then depending on if you have AppleCare for these devices, you should make an appointment with your Apple Store to have them run a hardware diag on things to ensure that everything is working.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I reckon the previous members have given you the best advice.

This video from Apple's YouTube channel might add some detail?

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.