AHH keys melted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone has ever had their keys melt from having the computer on for too long. i left my on and running over night and woke up to realize that some of my keys have melted. was wondering if apple will replace the keys under the applecare warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 MBP, 2.16 C2D, 1GB
Whoa, I would like to hear from other people as well if this has happened. Is this even possible? I'm scared to leave mine on now...

I'm pretty sure applecare will take care of the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have never heard of that happening to any notebook, nor can I imagine what would have caused it. The notebook would have and should have shut down long before it reached a temperature hot enough to melt plastic.

How exactly are they "melted"? Can you post some pics of this?

If it indeed is true and the keys are melted, of course it would be covered under warranty... providing that you haven't manipulated or altered the machine's hardware or software in any way where as to void your warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" c2d mbp 2gb ram 120gb hdd
id like to see pics of this too

Reaction score
i dont believe it unless youo expose it to a flame. my mbp runs sometimes for 4 days straight without a shut down or restart and its fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
if u computer got hot enough to melt plastic, that would not be the only problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Troll alert?

Sounds improbable to me!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Now THERE is a plausible explanation MHC!!

Bring on the photos of those melted keys! Inquiring minds need to know!

Reaction score
NO WAY! Not only would the keys have melted, it would have taken the the proc, mobo and everything else with it.........including the Sony battery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.