after installed windows 8.1

Reaction score
hi guys. I just installed windows 8.1 professional on my macbook pro mid 2012. after I installed it and i run windows 8, when Im trying to install the drivers that I've already downloaded on my flash memory from bootcamp, yet I could not find it I just found the folders and it is empty. I did download it again and I made sure they are fully completed before I switch to windows 8. Also i got the same thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hi and welcome!

Okay, I am going to try to interpret what you have done. You are downloading the drivers onto the hard drive of your computer while running a OS X then changing to Windows 8 using bootcamp and can not find the downloads. Right???

If that is what you are doing I am fairly sure Windows will not "see" anything downloaded on the partition holding OS X. I would download the drives and put them on a portable flash drive then switch to Windows 8 and access them on the portable flash drive.

If I am interpreting you correctly. If not then please clarify.

Lisa

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am thinking they are using a Flash drive as they did say they were downloading to Flash memory and can see a folder but nothing in it.

OP
F
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

Okay, I am going to try to interpret what you have done. You are downloading the drivers onto the hard drive of your computer while running a OS X then changing to Windows 8 using bootcamp and can not find the downloads. Right???

If that is what you are doing I am fairly sure Windows will not "see" anything downloaded on the partition holding OS X. I would download the drives and put them on a portable flash drive then switch to Windows 8 and access them on the portable flash drive.

If I am interpreting you correctly. If not then please clarify.

Lisa

well I did not get what you mean. but what I did I download the windows support drivers for windows 8. but the problem I can not run them. What I want to do is the wifi is not working and a couple of networking is not working.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What are you downloading the drivers to that windows will not see? Flash drive plugged into USB? External hard drive??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Flash Memory stick that plugs into USB? If you are downloading from the bootcamp installer and they are not showing up, something maybe wrong with the flash drive.

OP
F
Reaction score
Flash Memory stick that plugs into USB? If you are downloading from the bootcamp installer and they are not showing up, something maybe wrong with the flash drive.

I did try on tow flash memories, and the same problem, so is there anyway to do that. or can I download the drivers for windows 8 from the internet, cuz I could not find a way to this issue. :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You say you downloaded the drivers for Windows 8.1 and put them on a flash drive? And you said you tried twice but there was no drivers in the folder? The driver file should be a Zip file. OK, here is the correct LINK to download the Boot Camp drivers for installing the 64 bit version of Windows 8.1. I just downloaded the drivers and it's a Zip file = BootCamp 5.1.5621.zip

Double click on the Zip file to open it and it will extract to a folder. Place the folder on your flash drive, open it, and double click "setup.exe".

Reaction score
Why would one want to install Windows onto Mac hardware?

Why not just save a ton of money and buy a Windows based PC?

Or save a serious headache and stick with Mac OS?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.