Adware ISSUES

Reaction score
Help. In last two months I am getting adverts through on every web page I open.??

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Which version of Safari are you using? In older versions, you used to have the "Reset Safari" option, which Apple chose to remove in favor of the more limited "Clear History and Website Data" option. In most cases, "Reset Safari" would do the trick, but now it's more complicated.

If you're using Safari 8 or newer, I would recommend that you use the "Clear History and Website Data" option from the Safari menu, make sure you delete all history when prompted. Also, go into Preferences, General button and ensure that you have your Homepage set to the page of your preference, not some Adware site. Finally, download Bitdefender (free, Mac App Store) and have it do a quick scan to ensure there are no Adware bots that are resetting your home page or default search provider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Help. In last two months I am getting adverts through on every web page I open.??

There's a link to an adware removal tool in my signature. Give that a whirl.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
AdBlock works a treat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.