Advice on 4-5 Bay Hard Drive enclosure

Reaction score
Looking for your advice on what would be a good 4 or 5 bay hard drive enclosure. Nothing fancy. No RAID but will take it.

Been kicking tires for a while and need some direction. Don't want to buy a mistake.

I've been looking at a Mediasonic or Orinco on Amazon.

Like to get a swapable capability for the HDs if possible but a semi-permanent would be okay, too.

What about USAP to make sure the drives are all talking to each other as quickly as possible?

Not interested in RAID, just want a bunch of disks to show up on my desktop. I'll take it from there.

Any other comments as to quality, usage et cetera would be appreciated.

Looking to spend about 200$ at most, as that seems to be what I'm looking for in one of these.

Have a few single enclosures, and they are a good buy.

SweetDoug

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've had a earlier version of the Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure on this page. I've had it since 2018 and really like it. I had a problem with drives not mounting properly once or twice but I think I traced that to a failing usb cable. I'd probably buy another one of these. At a price of less than $100.00it was much cheaper than some other devices I considered though it does not do RAD,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.