• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Admin Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini. July 2012
How or where did MacForums obtain the iOS app for the forum?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
You can link an existing web-based forum to Tapatalk. That saves you the trouble of modifying your forum software for mobile devices and from having to create a standalone app for your forum.

"Tapatalk Mobile App layers on top of your existing community software to provide a seamless native mobile app experience for your members."

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks, but I can’t see where I could create my own branded forum app like Mac Forums? A stand-alone app that I download like this one? Which is pretty cool by the way!

Mike is correct. Just link your forum to TapaTalk and then continue to use it as such. Our original Mac-Forums software (under former ownership) was developed and utilized that way. Our current software has been designed more with the way our forums work rather than a generic version.

You can do the same with TapaTalk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.