• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Adding Google Search to a web page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
On my website page Searching From The Zoo Fence I have a Google search box. The Google script on the page is from a long time ago, but my problem is not resolved by the current Google script.

The problem: On various browsers (Mac and Windows) EXCEPT Google Chrome for Mac, the search box displays and functions properly. On Google Chrome, the page displays but does not generate an “ENHANCED BY GOOGLE” space into which a visitor can type a to-be-searched word.

I realize I should post this on a Google Chrome support page, and I apologize. But this forum has always been the best place to start ... for which I am always grateful. If no one replies in the next few days, I will post it there.

enhance.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I realize I should post this on a Google Chrome support page

It doesn't look like you are getting many replies here so I would suggest you head right over to the Google Chrome support page, with your query and hopefully you might get a fairly quick reply....

Besides, it sounds more like a General web browser problem than any specific Apple/Mac problem.

- Patrick
=======

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
Will do. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I tried that page on Safari, Arc (Chromium variant) and Chrome and they all look and function the same. I get the search bar on Chrome with the text and the search results show up in a pop-up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.