adding airport card

P

prophet

ok, I'm going to be adding an airport card to my iBook. and I know that it will work with the airport base station, but would it work with non-mac wireless routers? Also, would it work with the wi-fi areas that seem to be springing up around town?

I really have no idea, not only is it a totally new thing to me, it's a totally new thing to me on Mac, which I'm still learning the in's and out's of being a recent switcher.

any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It will work in non apple networks just as easily as airport networks. You can use them in WiFi hot spots and spots you notice around town

OP
P

prophet

awesome. Cause I have to setup wireless around my house so I dont have to run a cat5 through a wall or three, and my family uses a Windows machine, so I don't think I can use just an airport basestation, and I'm definately not going to have a USB wireless card hanging off the side of my iBook. So that's good news.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.