Adapter for monitor???

Reaction score
I need to hook up a regular computer monitor to my MacBook, but obviously don't have the right port for a regular PC monitor cable. Is there an adapter I can get so I can hook it up? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If by regular PC monitor, you mean a VGA plug, then your MacBook should have already come with the appropriate adapter. Go check your box for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
Really? I don't think I got one with my refurbished macbook... checks...nope.

And on the specs sticker it says it has a mini dvi port compatable with s-video, dvi and VGA with a little 3 next to it. The footnote for 3 says adapors sold seperately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
If by regular PC monitor, you mean a VGA plug, then your MacBook should have already come with the appropriate adapter. Go check your box for it.

No MacBooks do not come with a Mini-DVI to VGA adapter, they are available from apple or your local apple retailer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Well, I stand corrected.
That's a rip, though. I see it is an option for $19 more with a MacBook, but the iBooks used to come with it for free. I know because I had an iBook and the adapter was in the box when I got it. I never opted "in" for it and never paid extra for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
Why couldn't they just whack a VGA on the side? There's the space for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Why couldn't they just whack a VGA on the side? There's the space for it.

It may look like there is lots of space, but there also has to be extra space on the motherboard on the inside of the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.