Accidentally deleted "All Inboxes"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
I have a PITA mouse (Logitech G502 ES Hero) that sometimes does weird things like grabbing stuff accidentally and dragging them around for long enough to delete them. For whatever reason that it does it, it caused me to drag my "all Inboxes" in Mail and deleted it. I got the individual mailboxes back with their contents, but I want to replace the All Inboxes" above them as per before. I am using Classical style Mail.

Any suggestions?

PS any suggestions on fixing the mouse also? because otherwise it's a great mouse and I use wired because wireless mice cause my hands to get very cold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Any suggestions?

PS any suggestions on fixing the mouse also? because otherwise it's a great mouse and I use wired because wireless mice cause my hands to get very cold.

It definitely sounds like there is something wrong with your Logitech G502 ES Hero mouse and/or your mouse preference pane settings, and I certainly wouldn't call it a great Mouse if it is exacting up like that.

Are you using Logitech software with it or some other???

Time to retire it or its software or at least try changing some settings or use something else, mouse or software, if it is continually doing "weird things".

May I suggest the Logitech M720, even it is Wireless, but I have no idea at all why they would cause your hands to get very cold. That's also rather weird.

As for your Mail fix, do you not have some sort of backup you could rely on and use???

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
So if I understand correctly, and you are using Apple Mail, in Favourites, click the "+" and the dialogue box pops up, in the drop down menu there is the option to add "All Inboxes" - done :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5K iMac 27" 4.2ghz / Mojave
Have you taken the time to clean your mouse? The LED underneath, and the button mechanism?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Using Jim B's helpful suggestion in post #3:

Open Mail app; then hover your Mouse just above Favourites at the top of your Mailboxes.

You will see this:

S1.jpg

If you click on the arrowhead, which in your case may be pointing upward, and it will change that to a downward arrow which includes "All Mailboxes". Then you should be back to normal.

Please try this and if it works, credit goes to @Jimmysb.

Ian

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
So if I understand correctly, and you are using Apple Mail, in Favourites, click the "+" and the dialogue box pops up, in the drop down menu there is the option to add "All Inboxes" - done :)
Thanks Jimmysb: and IWT : ) I did it and got the problem fixed, Appreciate it!

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you taken the time to clean your mouse? The LED underneath, and the button mechanism?
Thanks It works better.
From the other side of the country. I am from Hfx originally.

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It definitely sounds like there is something wrong with your Logitech G502 ES Hero mouse and/or your mouse preference pane settings, and I certainly wouldn't call it a great Mouse if it is exacting up like that.

Are you using Logitech software with it or some other???

Time to retire it or its software or at least try changing some settings or use something else, mouse or software, if it is continually doing "weird things".

May I suggest the Logitech M720, even it is Wireless, but I have no idea at all why they would cause your hands to get very cold. That's also rather weird.

As for your Mail fix, do you not have some sort of backup you could rely on and use???

- Patrick
=======
Excellent, Never thought of that. I do TM and Super Duper.

I have 2 Magic mice and 3 other nice cordless as well as a touch pad which I love to use but the RF coming from them causes my hand to get very cold and uncomfortable. No problems with corded. No RF in the house.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thanks It works better.

If it still doesn't work as smoothly as you think it should, try using a different mouse pad.

I find some Logitech Mouse models work better and smoother on different mouse pads. And on the smooth glossy ones, I spray them occasionally with Teflon or Silicone Lube as well as the base of the Logitech mouse that keeps the sliding motion nice and smooth.

I have also noticed that some of the later Logitech models have replaced their old Teflon skid pads with a different material that are now often smaller and not quite as slippery as the old Teflon pads were.
They also don't make the old Teflon pad replacements readily and easily available as they used to do, if at all.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.