A trip to the Apple Store today

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Now that Apple Stores across the US are open, be prepared for a "Grand Central Station during rush hour experience" if you have to visit one.

I had to go to our local Apple Store today to pickup a gift my son sent me. Good thing it was an express pickup. The line to get into the store was wrapped around the corner. Masks still required.

I didn't have to stand in line because my order was already there at the express pickup window. So I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Word of caution to anyone else who might have to take an item to the Genius Bar, make sure you have an appointment and even then bring your lunch! :sleep:o_O

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I can just imagine the backlog, great news though for all those people who have been waiting for so long to get "hands on” assistance.

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I suppose getting into the store and have a genius help you is worth the wait. Good thing the weather here today was nice and sunny and warm.

I'm getting too old to have patience waiting in a line for an hour though. I spent enough time waiting in lines when I was in the military. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 m1 MacBook Air , iPhone XR product red, 2008 iMac, Apple Watch 1st generationiPad 8th gen
I bought my m1 MacBook Air yesterday, and the Apple store although busy wasn't as bad as before, maybe I am glad they didn't have one in stock.... maybe actually purchasing one would have taken longer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.