A switcher who doesnt hate Windows? Wow, lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
iPod and iTunes feels like it fits well here.

I dont want to start a flame war or anything. But please be aware that all companies do this... and even your beloved Apple does illegal or ethically questionable tactics... I hope you are not aiming this at only Microsoft, because Apple is easily the next runner up in these cases. These two companies are certainly not the only two either.

That being said... the iPod is ridiculously popular... but by far not even close to the best MP3/PMP out on the market. They are popular... not the best.

I love Apple, but please... dont act like they are innocent O:) to anything Microsoft :Evil: has done.

Actually you are correct. I'm not acting innocent at all, so I suggest you rethink your tactics here.

That being said, I'd like you to show me how Apple has engaged in Illegal or unethical business practices when it comes to the iPod or iTunes. Show me where they have been found guilty of doing so. Show me where they have forced the competition out of the market in order for them to dominate it. The fact is MS has been tried by multiple states in the US, by the EU and S Korea and found guilty of illegal businesses practices and violations of multiple anti-trust acts. Yes, Apple has been sued and we shall see how it turns out. Until then, let's not play games here.

I also agree with this. I ipod is not the best, but it is the most popular, common among teenagers.

Also i was going to say. The reason windows is the most popular operating system is because people grew up with it. Using it at school in elementary through hight school at some points. I remember using the computer lab in middle school and using windows. But some schools like my high school have seemed to realize that the apple operating system is better suited. My whole school is windows free save the computers in the main office.

I completely agree.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
That being said... the iPod is ridiculously popular... but by far not even close to the best MP3/PMP out on the market. They are popular... not the best.

I think that's debatable. The whole iTunes/iPod system from top to bottom, including the variety of players, the quality of the software in iTunes and the range of music in the iTunes store, not to mention the ease of use and quality of the 256 kbps AAC encoded tracks, does make it the best system in many objective measurable ways.

Even if we just look at the iPod itself, in isolation. Many of the models actually do perform well in tests. The iPod 3G beat all rivals only last year in a CNET test. The original Shuffle (produces a near perfect square wave apparently) beat all competition in one test (the Sony PSP came a surprising second), even players costing 2 - 3 times as much.

There are also differences between iPod models. The 5G iPod apparently sounds much better than the Classic (which upset me immensely as I have the Classic), but hopefully this will be addressed via a firmware update... :|

Seems like you made that comparison as a ***-for-tat gesture, rather than really needing to make a point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.