A Shiny New Mac-Forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Nah, it appears to be the 1/2 way mark to full rank ( Whatever that is ;P )

OP
I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned
I've been trying to get in by bribing the mods but all they do is take my money and never let me in. :D

I gave them specific instructions for how to let people in. Tell you what, I'll give you a special discount for your trouble - just do half the payment, direct to my personal account and I'll see that its taken care of. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I am liking the new look, although it will take time to warm to the new ways of navigating around the forum.

As with quite a few others, I'm missing the 'Get New' perma link, as i use this 95% of the time.

Good work iNet peoples :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I gave them specific instructions for how to let people in. Tell you what, I'll give you a special discount for your trouble - just do half the payment, direct to my personal account and I'll see that its taken care of. ;)
Now I see how things work around here, but I don't know where I'm going to find half of a penny? I think that might be the reason why I'm not getting in. ;)

As with quite a few others, I'm missing the 'Get New' perma link, as i use this 95% of the time.
The User CP is also another button I use a lot. I vote that the navigation buttons be the first to be fixed on the list since is it starting to sound like many people use it also.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I am going to start another thread for the benefit of people like me and Harry . . . Not to complain BTW

OP
I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now I see how things work around here, but I don't know where I'm going to find half of a penny? I think that might be the reason why I'm not getting in. ;)

The User CP is also another button I use a lot. I vote that the navigation buttons be the first to be fixed on the list since is it starting to sound like many people use it also.

It is near the top of my list as well, the absence of a subnav containing these elements was one of the first things I personally criticized about the design - people who really use the forum a lot like to quickly access those things. :)

We'll get it fixed, hopefully sooner than later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
It is near the top of my list as well, the absence of a subnav containing these elements was one of the first things I personally criticized about the design - people who really use the forum a lot like to quickly access those things. :)

We'll get it fixed, hopefully sooner than later.

I wonder, could those navigation elements be made quick buttons in the top gray menu section?

BTW, was .psd and .zip part of the attachment repertoire previously?

Doug

Screen Shot 2012-02-02 at 8.41.19 PM.png

OP
I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wonder, could those navigation elements be made quick buttons in the top gray menu section?

BTW, was .psd and .zip part of the attachment repertoire previously?

Doug

It could be part of that gray menu area, however if you click the white arrow in that section it rolls up to make the area smaller - it only has a single line worth of space when its compressed. To me, it seems most natural to have those sorts of elements in a subnav, directly below the main nav, like you find here:
Web Hosting Talk - The largest, most influential web hosting community on the Internet

I don't think the attachment repertoire has changed - this is only a skinning upgrade, which doesn't effect vbulletin settings like those for attachments. I believe those attachment options have been available for some time, but often times you don't notice small changes until there is a big change that makes you pay more attention. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Question. How do i now no when my friends are online or not.

20120203-fj39ugjxawbbefnkyjbx9293p5.jpg
20120203-mwd2fexwkpae6ichb24ttxs1ic.jpg

I don't think this has been asked previously, or am i missing something simple ??

Cheers

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
They are working on getting that back. Bugs me also. For now Click on Quick Links and then on Who's Online. Hope that helps.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
They are working on getting that back. Bugs me also. For now Click on Quick Links and then on Who's Online. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Folks. The new layout design is so much better. Great job, love it.:Cool:

May God bless.

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Yea thanks Dennis mate. The long way isn't worth the effort though. Its just nice at a glance to know if you can get a conversation going with the OP if there still around or so on. You can give the long answer to get through until tomorrow, or the short quick get answers now type of post . . . . . . If that makes sense ? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch
Personally, I've switched back to the old skin. Having all the forum categories at the bottom of the page felt very inconvenient. It was nice having the topics with activity posted at the top of the page, but if at all possible, I think having all that below the forum categories would be best.

The reason being the forum categories is a short yet very important field, and it doesn't take up much space. Having the topic list underneath it would be good.

That's just my opinion, though :) Do whatever you want, lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
A great new look. I was pleasantly surprised to see the new decor when I checked in today. Haven't had a chance to give it a real good go over but first impression is nice and clean looking.

Way to go!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Broken

This site is pretty broken. I have to remove all of the site cookies in Safari and Firefox to even get in. Oddly, OmniWeb seems fine. Then, where are the forums. Half the time I can't find them. I might have just now figured it out. The Forums menu heading is also a selector.

This is the worst upgrade I've seen on any site. What with the cookies?!

OP
I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
xstep, I feel a bit insulted by your comment, but I understand the site isn't working well for you. I'll see if we can help you. If you refer to the 90 posts before yours in this thread, most everyone else is not experiencing the cookie or navigation issue that you are - there might be something special causing an issue for you which we need to figure out.

Are you using anything special to manage cookies or logins?

I've tested firefox, IE, and chrome myself - all seem to be working fine with logging into the forums. If you can PM me further details, or post in this thread, I should be able to help you further.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Did you remove the option to revert back to the old style? I can't even see it on the edit options section. It was working fine less than an hour ago.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Did you remove the option to revert back to the old style? I can't even see it on the edit options section. It was working fine less than an hour ago.

Still there (at least on my page--though it appears to have shifted a bit to the right).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.