A Problem with Zune

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C.2.D. 2.4GHz
Excuse me if this is the wrong forum, but here it goes anyway.

I have been using boot camp on my Mac for about 7 months now (hence why I use "Mac-Forums") and own a Zune HD and use BC to sync it up and get my music.

Unless you're not really a tech junkie/lover like me, you'll probably already know that the RC for Windows 7 expired yesterday, the OS of which I used.

Of course, as you'd probably expect, my usage rights for all my music (using Zune Pass) expired, TODAY. This angers me because of one reason-Zune will not allow access to update 4.2 for Zune, to RC users, even before the RC expiration.

I cannot update my Zune's usage rights, nor play, download, or watch ANY of my media, which sucks a lot. I have (or had) over 20 gb of media (16gb for music) on the computer and I have absolutely no route out of this problem.

Does anybody happen to have any sort of tips as of how to fix this problem?

I've tried running a new installation in Vista compatibility mode, but to no avail.

Thanks in advanced, if at all.

Jake Root
[email protected]

PS: Windows does still run, but shuts down after 2 hours automatically.

EDIT: I am aware that there were already a few forums on here about Zune in association with Mac and yada yada yada, but there wasn't any out there that fit my problem, at least that I could find.

grrr.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Can't you get all your music of the Windows partition and then do a re-install of an official release of Windows 7?

OP
Jake Root
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C.2.D. 2.4GHz
Can't you get all your music of the Windows partition and then do a re-install of an official release of Windows 7?

Yes, I could do that. My problem: I just bought Windows 7 ultimate for my Vaio laptop and updated it from Vista. Does that mean I have to buy it AGAIN and re-install it?

Is it possible you think I could transfer all my media to my vaio and have it work that way?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.