• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A lot easier to stay in shape than to get back in shape!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Week 4: Starting Wt - 219lbs, ending Wt - 218

15.2 miles total

I have started using an online Running Log (runningahead.com) and their grouping for a week is different from what I was doing. I've been posting from my manual data keeping, but it is easier just to convert and use their's.
Hence the update. Any future will be taken from their record.

Keep going! Good luck :D

- Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Getting a great workout as I type this.. Large Pizza Pie with fresh garlic, red pepper and onions. MMMMMM! (sharing of course)

Oh and... keep it up !

Doug

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Getting a great workout as I type this.. Large Pizza Pie with fresh garlic, red pepper and onions. MMMMMM! (sharing of course)

Oh and... keep it up !

Doug

I can almost smell it!
The older I get the more convinced I am that pizza is one of the essential food groups. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
I can almost smell it!
The older I get the more convinced I am that pizza is one of the essential food groups. :)

Pizza, has to be one of the most important food. Ever.

:D

- Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I can almost smell it!

And beer. Don't forget the BEER !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Pizza and beer is like staple food around here. :p Always have it on hand.

I don't think I was ever in shape to begin with, but I did run 5 miles everyday before school for a year. Wasn't kind on the knees so I switched to swimming. Now my thighs are 20% bigger than what they were originally and I can barely fit into my skinny jeans. >_>" Does wonders for my gluteus maximums though. :D

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pizza and beer is like staple food around here. :p Always have it on hand.

I don't think I was ever in shape to begin with, but I did run 5 miles everyday before school for a year. Wasn't kind on the knees so I switched to swimming. Now my thighs are 20% bigger than what they were originally and I can barely fit into my skinny jeans. >_>" Does wonders for my gluteus maximums though. :D

That's where beer really helps. It adds weight out front to balance all the additional muscle.

As an aside, my youngest went to Geneva late last year and asked if I would like her to bring me anything back. Thanks to her, I have a fliptop (ceramic and rubber washer cam seal) sitting in my fridge awaiting a special occaision. :)

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Week 5

Week 4: Starting Wt - 218 lbs, ending Wt - 218

16.9 miles total

No weight loss this week, but I'm tightening up so I figure muscle gain is offsetting fat loss (or at least thats what I tell myself :) )

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Week 4: Starting Wt - 218 lbs, ending Wt - 218

16.9 miles total

No weight loss this week, but I'm tightening up so I figure muscle gain is offsetting fat loss (or at least thats what I tell myself :) )

Thanks for the update. Yeah...I was going to say the same thing about the weight loss this week (muscle weighs more than the other stuff)!;)

Looks like the weekly mileage has increased a little this week as well!:)

Way to go...keep it up!

- Nick

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Week 6

Week 4: Starting Wt - 218 lbs, ending Wt - ?

8.6 miles total

Mileage down because of travel. My weight is probably up from eating like a pig! :\
Between the corned beef, bagels and beer I figure I gained back a pound or so, will see at my next weigh in. Oh well, I enjoyed it. ;D

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Week 7

Week 7: Starting Wt - ??, ending Wt - 217

20.2 miles total

Looks like I am back on track after a challenging week due to travel and gluttony. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've always been jealous of people that run, I've never been able to get into it since no matter what I tried, I always get shin splints.

I was a swimmer most of my life through up through undergrad and now I mostly cycle when I can. My shins probably aren't used to much impact so that might be part of the issue.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've always been jealous of people that run, I've never been able to get into it since no matter what I tried, I always get shin splints.

I was a swimmer most of my life through up through undergrad and now I mostly cycle when I can. My shins probably aren't used to much impact so that might be part of the issue.

I tried cycling and liked it, but where I live you have to have a death wish to do a lot of it. No road margins and pickup trucks that don't feel obligated to share the road with human powered transport. :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Week 7: Starting Wt - ??, ending Wt - 217

20.2 miles total

Looks like I am back on track after a challenging week due to travel and gluttony. ;)

Very nice! Great to see you back on track...and congrats on "cracking" the 20 mile weekly total.:)

- Nick

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very nice! Great to see you back on track...and congrats on "cracking" the 20 mile weekly total.:)

- Nick

Thanks, Nick.
My long run is up to about 7 miles, which helps a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I tried cycling and liked it, but where I live you have to have a death wish to do a lot of it. No road margins and pickup trucks that don't feel obligated to share the road with human powered transport. :p

Yeah, we're lucky here. We have a system of parks that ring the city for about 80 miles all together. Really pretty to ride in and there are separate trails from the main road. Not that I ride the whole 80 miles. :)

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, we're lucky here. We have a system of parks that ring the city for about 80 miles all together. Really pretty to ride in and there are separate trails from the main road. Not that I ride the whole 80 miles. :)
That is really awsome!
If it wasn't for the snow and ice I would be really tempted to move north and join you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.