A "closer look" at the G5 for those who are interested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
There are some nice detail shots of the PowerMac G5 here. Brawn and beauty. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Man, that thing is beautiful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
My next question...

What about the dust. With all these vents and holes, this thing is bound to be a dust magnet.

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Emrys said:
My next question...

What about the dust. With all these vents and holes, this thing is bound to be a dust magnet.

Luckily everything seems easily accessible for "dusting". My question is how the G5 PowerBook advocates plan on stuffing 7 fans into one. For now, I'll stick with my nice, cool, battery-friendly G3. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i think your question padawan is the major reason that we will have to wait a while for a mobleG5. it doesnt bother me too much because i want my powerbook G4 to be the as good as it is for as long as it is

A

annoyed

G5 to PC

I am a PC user.
I love my PC dearly, but if I can do what I would like to, the G5 has me drooling. I'm wondering if I can take the hard drive out of a G5, plug it into my PC, reformat it and install a windows (or linux) OS and run it on the G5. I believe, from what I've read, that I could reformat it and install the new OS, but my question is, will the G5 reject the new OS? I dont know anything about the Mac hardware, so there may be a piece I've already missed, but I cant be sure weather or not there is some integrated software on the Mac motherboard that wont integrate with Windows or Linux. Does anyone know one way or the other?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I nearly cried when I was flipping through those pictures.. how can I not want one more than anything. Its easily worth its weight in gold and sold for less! :D

Yes the G5 will reject your PCs OS. See although the G5 can run 32bit processing code, it would conflict with the PC. Its another story with the Mac to PC.. the PC Pentium chips would reject the Mac OS entirely because it has an Etched Chip. In conclusion I could be wrong, but you can't swap the OSes.. x86 or somthing like that comes to mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.