80GB ipod video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
so today i went into argos and bought a 30GB ipod video
i then see a sign saying managers special 80GB IPOD video for £200
i just couldnt say no

anyway all the contents were still in there wrapping except the film around the outside of the box wasnt there...
tape around the bag the ipod is in...
2 scratches on the back of the ipod
and when i plugged it into my pc it said did i want to convert from windows to mac

whats going on?
im guessing its been taken back

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
so today i went into argos and bought a 30GB ipod video
i then see a sign saying managers special 80GB IPOD video for £200
i just couldnt say no

anyway all the contents were still in there wrapping except the film around the outside of the box wasnt there...
tape around the bag the ipod is in...
2 scratches on the back of the ipod
and when i plugged it into my pc it said did i want to convert from windows to mac

whats going on?
im guessing its been taken back

Sounds like it. Was the special an "open box" special or did it apply to all 80GB units?

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I am not to sure, it sayed managers special and as its argos they are all kept out at the back.
Its not faulty so im not going to complain, but im just annoyed about the scratches

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I am not to sure, it sayed managers special and as its argos they are all kept out at the back.
Its not faulty so im not going to complain, but im just annoyed about the scratches

The scratches are inevitable, no matter how careful you are. Mine is barely a month old and I have a few light scratches - even though I keep it in a case, and most of the time it lives in my car's glovebox.

Get a case for it and forget about it.

EDIT: I've seen a few different kits like this, if it's really troubling to you. I can't really attest to how well they work, however.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I think cwa hit it on the head.. it sounds to me like a out of box/open box special.. at one of my local apple stores they have a table at the back of the store near the genius bar that has items that are on special and have been opened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Congrats with the 80 gig iPod... Convert it and enjoy...Oh yes, and buy that case...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Just so you know, all iPods are Windows formatted (FAT-32) out of the box. When you plug it into your Mac, it will ask you if you want to reformat it for the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
er...Mine wasn't

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
er..everyone Gen 4 and above I have bought has been, including my shuffles...

Actually, let me rephrase that. The ones I have plunged into PCs have asked me to come to think of it, so maybe it's not at all formatted ans simply waits until you plug it into one or the other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good point. I just remember when I got my 1gen shuffle and Video iPod I only had a PC. I had to "rebuild" each one first before use . When I gor a replacement for my shuffle Apple sent me a new one with the instructions to re format to PC as them only send out Mac formatted items.... Just my experience... Didn't mean to be short in my last post

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.