640 MB, 1 ghz, 60 HD

T

The Giver

What does this mean on my computer if I have those specs? It doesn't make it necessarily faster?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
The Giver said:
What does this mean on my computer if I have those specs? It doesn't make it necessarily faster?

Well.. is safe to assume that:

640mb is the amount of SDRAM or DDR memory you have installed <not bad at all... sufficient to do most things>

1 ghz is the speed if your processor... you didnt' specify if it was a g4 or g5... i'm guessing one of the two. I'm knew to the world of mac computing, but 1ghz is great :).

60<gb> harddrive... Well that's self explanatory. Man... if that's your machine, I can't say I'm not jealous. A setup like that would be really nice to have :)..

OP
L

lzasitko

for what it's worth

mpeters13 said:
Well.. is safe to assume that:

640mb is the amount of SDRAM or DDR memory you have installed <not bad at all... sufficient to do most things>

1 ghz is the speed if your processor... you didnt' specify if it was a g4 or g5... i'm guessing one of the two. I'm knew to the world of mac computing, but 1ghz is great :).

60<gb> harddrive... Well that's self explanatory. Man... if that's your machine, I can't say I'm not jealous. A setup like that would be really nice to have :)..

For what it's worth there are no g5 portables (at least not yet :) ) so it's a g3 1ghz ibook with a 14" screen. The only other 1ghz is a Powerbood with or without a superdrive with a 12" screen.

I agree that it would be nice to have in any case :)

Larry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
You mean G4 1GHZ iBook? ;)

OP
C

Chamorro

lzasitko said:
so it's a g3 1ghz ibook with a 14" screen. The only other 1ghz is a Powerbook with a 12" screen.

I don't think the G3 iBooks ever came w/ 1gHz processors. There have been 1 gHz G4 Powerbooks w/ 15" and 17" screens as well.

If the computer has a white plastic case, it's a 1gHz iBook G4 and it's basically maxed-out. If it has a metal case, it's a Powerbook, and it's still got more room to grow.

OP
L

lzasitko

stand corrected

Chamorro said:
I don't think the G3 iBooks ever came w/ 1gHz processors. There have been 1 gHz G4 Powerbooks w/ 15" and 17" screens as well.

If the computer has a white plastic case, it's a 1gHz iBook G4 and it's basically maxed-out. If it has a metal case, it's a Powerbook, and it's still got more room to grow.

You are right, just had another look at the sheet and it is a g4, not g3 iBook :)

Larry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.