64 bit Vista on bootcamp

Reaction score
I know that the latest version of bootcamp supports 32 bit Vista. Has anyone heard whether the Leopard version of bootcamp will support 64 bit Vista?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I know that the latest version of bootcamp supports 32 bit Vista. Has anyone heard whether the Leopard version of bootcamp will support 64 bit Vista?

No one but Apple knows for sure. We'll probably get a better glimpse of Leopard at the WWDC on June 11th.

Reaction score
if you need it so much why don't you try it? But if not why bothering with Vista? I tried Vista on my father's PC. It's a piece of......! Way worsee than XP. If you need windows apps try XP. Don't even bother with Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I've ran Windows Vista x64 via Boot Camp, it's not really a problem except the Eject Key, Bluetooth, iSight and WiFi are unsupported but apart from that it's as smooth as a whistle. :p

I've returned to 32-bit, I think it's good personally, it's just a shame it's such a Hog on the Resources, 14 Gig Hard Drive and 1 Gb of RAM is a bit too much for an OS in my view and I suppose alot of others aswell.

Reaction score
Vista x64

For work I needed one laptop that I could use for Windows and Mac development... I got the latest MacBook Pro and am now running Vista x64 on it with few problems. Bluetooth and wireless both work -- in fact the only things that don't work are iSight and any of the Fn keys. I remapped the right-Apple key to "Delete" so I can log in (via a registry key).

I'm pleasantly surprised that it works as well as it does...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.