***?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
if i was a new customer and i walked into Compusa and new something about macs and then all the sudden saw a Mac running XP, i would go over to the computers and look at them. Seems like a good idea to attract new customers to macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Same thing at my local Fry's. I go in there every once in a while and try to perform updates and whatnot, make sure they aren't abused, etc. Same thing I do at other electronics places.

It's fun to quiz employees, they'll tell you anything to move (or in some cases, not move) a Mac. One time a salesperson at CompUSA tried to tell me Apple was abandoning OS X and that I should get a Windows machine instead.

It really pisses me off how ****ty the Macs at retail outlets are treated. I realize it may be a minority as fa as computing is concerned, but seriously, give me a break.

K

kyogic85

i got mine at compusa and OSX was loaded on mine. they just have the xp on display to show off 'boot camp'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i would restart them all - and then make sure it boots into mac os x and leave 1 or 2 running xp

Reaction score
christm said:
i would restart them all - and then make sure it boots into mac os x and leave 1 or 2 running xp
why
??

J

jaisai01

today at both compusa and frys in indianapolis,in they were running xp. at C-usa all intel macs were on xp. at frys only 1.
arul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.