30-60 second random lock-ups

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Yeah, well in my entire life with computers, I never had a HDD die, and I never used backups, so it's just something i choose to ignore. It's not the end of the world if a HDD dies. I'd just download all my stuff again and I'm going.

That said, it might be a good idea to do backups, just in case, as it will same me a lot of time. I do have some external HDD's lying around. Should i just use time machine to back the harddrive up or?

It's not the end of the world if it dies, but you have been very lucky up to date.
I'm not trying to jinx you, but your luck could (will) run out one of these days, and when it does and you get that awful feeling in your stomach, you will sit back and smile knowing that you have lost nothing.
Time machine is good to use for regular backups, but as well as that, a bootable backup is a great safeguard. The reason being that if your HD dies, you can still use your Mac and don't have to rush to install a new HD.
I clone my HD every time I make major changes to my system, and it has served a treat and saved me many hours of troubleshooting by just cloning my drive back to the state it was before any glitches came about.

CCC or SuperDuper are both good and easy to use.

OP
P
Reaction score
Okay tried all solutions from the thread. Still getting the dreaded beachballs.
And i did backups, just to be sure.

Any other suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.