2015 13"MBP owners - any screen issues since purchasing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I'm interested in knowing if anyone has had a screen issue since purchasing a 2015 13" rMBP. Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
"Screen issues" is pretty generic…and can be any number of things. Why not tell us what screen issue you're experiencing to narrow things down…and maybe we can help.

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Screen issues" is pretty generic…and can be any number of things. Why not tell us what screen issue you're experiencing to narrow things down…and maybe we can help.

- Nick

Things I've read about, not experienced myself. Staining, burn in, etc. I'm typing this on a 2015 13" with no symptoms after a week of use. Just concerned so far; hopefully with no real basis to be after all.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Things I've read about, not experienced myself.

If you search the internet…you can find someone having a problem with just about anything. And I'm not just limiting things to computers.;)

You have 12 months of Applecare…and this can be extended to 3 years if you decide to.

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you search the internet…you can find someone having a problem with just about anything. And I'm not just limiting things to computers.;)

You have 12 months of Applecare…and this can be extended to 3 years if you decide to.

- Nick

So far my experience with the machine has been wonderful. Smooth as silk. I'm trusting that it will stay that way. :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have to say and I'm sorry to say, but at this moment, despite how great this MBP is, I'm actually shy about using it. And this is coming from a guy who has owned many an Apple computer starting with the Apple IIe. I wish that Apple would come forth and make some reassuring statement concerning the above noted screen issues. I don't like have to treat the machine with kid gloves, and to have to wonder how to clean the screen without causing problems. I know that a light dusting with a microfiber cloth like the one enclosed with the computer would probably be best, but I just want to be able to relax and enjoy my machine, and not have to worry about such a thing ( like I've been able to do with my 2012 cMBP). One week left in my return window, and I really don't want to have to part with this machine, but I'm just not sure.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wish that Apple would come forth and make some reassuring statement concerning the above noted screen issues. I don't like have to treat the machine with kid gloves, and to have to wonder how to clean the screen without causing problems.

One week left in my return window, and I really don't want to have to part with this machine, but I'm just not sure.

If you're REALLY this concerned. Return the computer…then watch every Macintosh/Apple related news site for any sort of info you feel is necessary to make you feel comfortable about things.

I really have no idea what screen issues you're talking about. I'm sure there are a number of folks with 2015 15" MacBook Pro's here at Mac-Forums…and I don't remember anyone getting bent out of shape about anything display related.

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're REALLY this concerned. Return the computer…then watch every Macintosh/Apple related news site for any sort of info you feel is necessary to make you feel comfortable about things.

I really have no idea what screen issues you're talking about. I'm sure there are a number of folks with 2015 15" MacBook Pro's here at Mac-Forums…and I don't remember anyone getting bent out of shape about anything display related.

- Nick

Just for the sake of reference and nothing more: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6068947

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That entire thread you linked to centers around one thing... a user induced problem. If you're worried about screen issues, then take precautions not to damage it. Simple.

We have had folks tell us before about damaged screens and it has always been user related: Leaving an object on the keyboard and closing the lid, spills, heavy objects sitting on top of the lid while it was closed, etc, etc. Apple assumes no responsibility or warranty for that type of damage.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That entire thread you linked to centers around one thing... a user induced problem. If you're worried about screen issues, then take precautions not to damage it. Simple.

We have had folks tell us before about damaged screens and it has always been user related: Leaving an object on the keyboard and closing the lid, spills, heavy objects sitting on top of the lid while it was closed, etc, etc. Apple assumes no responsibility or warranty for that type of damage.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just for the sake of reference and nothing more: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6068947

There are folks in that thread mentioning 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 MacBook Pro's.

I'm pretty sure that if every MacBook Pro sold over the last 3-4 years was prone to this problem, that Apple would either voluntarily or legally be forced to fix the issue.

We have lots & lots & lots of members on Mac-Forums that own these computers. If this was a widespread issue…it would almost certainly be a daily (or at least weekly) discussion topic. I'm happy to say it isn't.:)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are folks in that thread mentioning 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 MacBook Pro's.

I'm pretty sure that if every MacBook Pro sold over the last 3-4 years was prone to this problem, that Apple would either voluntarily or legally be forced to fix the issue.

We have lots & lots & lots of members on Mac-Forums that own these computers. If this was a widespread issue…it would almost certainly be a daily (or at least weekly) discussion topic. I'm happy to say it isn't.:)

- Nick

Good to know. Thanks Nick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.