2010 mbp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thank you, Nick!! 8gb and 7200, it will be! That ram savings just about pays for the hard drive. Thank you!!

I'f I'm not too late, the 7200RPM WD Black HDDs work just fine in the MB and MBPros I've installed them into. And even earlier models. Not too hot and not a huge drain on the battery when it's used either.

And all specs here if needed:
https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=MacBookPro7,1

Standard RAM: 4 GB Maximum RAM: 16 GB*

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2010, 13", 2.4 GHz, 4GB DDR3, OSX 10.11.6
I'f I'm not too late, the 7200RPM WD Black HDDs work just fine in the MB and MBPros I've installed them into. And even earlier models. Not too hot and not a huge drain on the battery when it's used either.

And all specs here if needed:
https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=MacBookPro7,1

Standard RAM: 4 GB Maximum RAM: 16 GB*

- Patrick
======

Thank you for the HDD recommendation, Patrick, I appreciate it! (The 8gb or 16gb RAM decision will keep me awake a few more nights.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2010, 13", 2.4 GHz, 4GB DDR3, OSX 10.11.6
Well, the battery seems to work just fine, but the wifi, while it works ok at the house, wont connect at work while my HP will. Need to see why that is. Next step, clearing the pram and checking various things.

Thank you for reporting back about the battery! Glad it was "only" a very frustrating discovery about log-in and password. Phew!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for the HDD recommendation, Patrick, I appreciate it! (The 8gb or 16gb RAM decision will keep me awake a few more nights.)

You can always add RAM later and keep an eye on the Activity Monitor.app memory usage for a bit and see if you really need the full 16GB. It depends on what you actually normally do with that MBPro machine.

- Patrick
======

OP
cradom
Reaction score
Hey Craig....

Your problem is you did not pay proper homage to your IT gurus! LOL O:)

Yah yah yah, Our IT "gurus" are 400 miles away in Austin. Guess so we cant get at them when things go wrong huh? Last time they changed the paswords the best they could come up with was 'password", I kid you not. If I hadn't *****ed about it it would still be 'password' And these are supposed to be college edumacated professionals?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Last time they changed the paswords the best they could come up with was 'password", I kid you not. If I hadn't *****ed about it it would still be 'password' And these are supposed to be college edumacated professionals?

You're lucky, they could have used "correct password" or "I forgot".

Honest, I've seen both, and worse. ;P

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.