20" Imac DEAD display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd
HI everyone, I recently was given a NEW 20" imac 2.4 ghz, by one of My customers I was surprised to say the least! Everything was working fine when i first set it up on labor day weekend, until one day it would not wake from sleep.

I tried the reset procedure and was sucessful until it went to sleep again and it would not wake!:Grimmace: Tried afore mentioned reset and no luck!

Tried reinstall disc HOPING it would wake. no luck. It will not eject now. When the display was working the latest keyboard firmware and other updates were performed.

Wondering If I have a lemon on My hands, BTW, I have had a Macbook for almost a year and zero problems. Question: Its under warranty, will i have to wait weeks while they repair it or will I a get a direct replacement at the apple store? I'm kinda expecting a a bunch of crap from Apple. I expect they will want to have it for a week, The right thing to do should be to hand me a new imac. something less than a week old should be replaced on the spot IMO.

What usually happens?
Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Question: Its under warranty, will i have to wait weeks while they repair it or will I a get a direct replacement at the apple store? I'm kinda expecting a a bunch of crap from Apple. I expect they will want to have it for a week, The right thing to do should be to hand me a new imac. something less than a week old should be replaced on the spot IMO.

What usually happens?
Thanks.

Why are you expecting a "bunch of crap from Apple"? Make an appointment, take it on in and let them look at it. If they decide to give you a new one, fine. After all, you got it for free anyway. ;D

Regards.

OP
sockeye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why are you expecting a "bunch of crap from Apple"? Make an appointment, take it on in and let them look at it. If they decide to give you a new one, fine. After all, you got it for free anyway. ;D

Regards.

I agree I guess Its wrong to expect apple to give me the run around because other companies have. They were good when I had a ipod issue.:D

OP
sockeye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Everything Great. Apple store was great!

Sorry I got my hackles up about the imac, The apple genius gave me a new imac no trouble or crap. Still wonder what was wrong though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Must have been a friday when they made that Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.