1password question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I am somewhat confused by this. I had 1password4 and upgraded to #5 after I saw this "free trial has expired. Click to buy." i thought it was a free upgrade but never the less I purchased the $24.95 upgrade then thought why did I even get this notice? So even after this purchase I still get this notice. Is their some glitch? Am I missing something? I do have an e-mail in with their support but was hoping that someone could enlighten me. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure I understand how their upgrade process works. I had used 1Password 3.X for years and upgraded to 1Password 4.X on Mar 31, 2014. Somewhere along the way they upgraded my license to 1Password 5.X for free. I'm not sure what the criteria was for the upgrade to 5 though. You probably need to contact Agile Bits support and ask them about your license. If you received a new serial number for 5.X you should enter it and press upgrade license.

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure I understand how their upgrade process works. I had used 1Password 3.X for years and upgraded to 1Password 4.X on Mar 31, 2014. Somewhere along the way they upgraded my license to 1Password 5.X for free. I'm not sure what the criteria was for the upgrade to 5 though. You probably need to contact Agile Bits support and ask them about your license. If you received a new serial number for 5.X you should enter it and press upgrade license.
Thank you for your prompt response. Im not sure how their upgrades work either, but through trial and error i figured it out even though it cost me $24.95 for the Yosemite upgrade. The "trial has expired" banner has disappeared. I should have seen this coming after Carbon Copy Cloner laid this on us.

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your prompt response. Im not sure how their upgrades work either, but through trial and error i figured it out even though it cost me $24.95 for the Yosemite upgrade. The "trial has expired" banner has disappeared. I should have seen this coming after Carbon Copy Cloner laid this on us.

Edit: the upgrade was free after all. They issued me a credit.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Edit: the upgrade was free after all. They issued me a credit.

OK, great. I kind of thought it was supposed to be free for you also since it was upgraded to support Yosemite. Thanks for posting back and letting everyone know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.