13 Inch Macbook Pro vs 15 inch?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to switch from PC to Mac. I am about to enter college as a Freshmen, and am not sure which mac is right for me. I've got it narrowed down to pretty much the retina macbook pro 13 inch or 15 inch, but I can't decide which one I like better.
I would use it for:
General Web/social media use
Powerpoints/ presentations
Essays
Music Editing
Photo Editing (Nothing professional)
Movies, Videos, Lots of youtube,
Occasional Gaming

Specifics I will probably go with-
13 inch:
3.0 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
16GB memory
512GB PCIe-based flash storage1
Intel Iris Graphics
OR
15 inch
2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz memory
512GB PCIe-based flash storage
Intel Iris Pro Graphics

I like that the 15 inch has the quad core processor, but it is quite a bit more expensive, and slightly less portable.
I don't care about weight, but the computer does need to be portable enough to use and carry around daily.
Money is a factor, but I am also willing to spend some extra money on this. This computer needs to last me through at least four years of college. I am entering as an undeclared major, so I am not sure if I will end up doing anything graphic intense- so I am a little bit concerned that I may need something better than the rMBP 13 inch in the future, but I am completely new to mac.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can you be more specific as to which 13" and which 15" MacBook Pro's you are talking about? There are multiple models of each...and there are spec differences that do make a difference.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.