10.10.3 is available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I will try it on my expendable Macbook first then probably progress from there. I have not had any troubles - that I am aware of - since 10.10.2. But I like to keep update given the security fixes this update has.
Lisa

No need for doing complete OS X versions and updates, such the same security and updates were provided for OS X Mountain Lion and up users, also on 8 Apr 2015. ;)

BTW: Is your Macbook called "Mikey" perhaps that you're going to let try using it on first?? ;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Updated mine and for some reason I cant turn off iCloud Keychain. It asks me to verify and I do but I cant shut it off.

I haven't had any problem with that although right after the update I had to re-verify my Apple ID and password. Then on my iPhone and the wife's it again asked the same thing and verify again that my iMac was a trusted device. ???

Also, now I actually have to attach our iPhones and iPad to the iMac to do a backup since they no longer appear when I open iTunes. They used to appear in iTunes without being attached physically.

M

MacInWin

May not be related, but after the update, I'm seeing a lot of Safari crashes with varying threads being the cause. Had about 5 of them today, have shifted to Opera to get away from them until I see if anybody else reports them and a workaround arrives.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm usually on Chrome (64 bit beta) but I'll switch to Safari for a while today to see if I can repeat what you're experiencing.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
May not be related, but after the update, I'm seeing a lot of Safari crashes with varying threads being the cause. Had about 5 of them today, have shifted to Opera to get away from them until I see if anybody else reports them and a workaround arrives.

No Safari issues yet though I didn't update till late last night. Really have only tried it with this site so far. Are there any sites I should be sure to check?

Reaction score
I haven't had any problem with that although right after the update I had to re-verify my Apple ID and password. Then on my iPhone and the wife's it again asked the same thing and verify again that my iMac was a trusted device. ???
I'm on the laptop and it's saying "Waiting for approval from other device".
Which is the iMac. The dead one.
Tried to reset the keychain and it says "There is a problem connecting, try again later".
Might as well leave it alone, even though I don't use it.
Le Sigh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
No need for doing complete OS X versions and updates, such the same security and updates were provided for OS X Mountain Lion and up users, also on 8 Apr 2015. ;)

BTW: Is your Macbook called "Mikey" perhaps that you're going to let try using it on first?? ;D

Good to know! And I might name her Mikey - haven't given her one yet. I decided to download the combo from Apple since I have 4 to update and snails move faster than my internet.

Lisa

M

MacInWin

No Safari issues yet though I didn't update till late last night. Really have only tried it with this site so far. Are there any sites I should be sure to check?
It crashed on this site, ABCNEWS.com and Foxnews.com, among others. Opera seems to be just fine. I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall Yosemite just to get a clean copy of Safari.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So far, so good - at least here on Mac-Forums and several other sites like my bank.

M

MacInWin

It now seems to be stable. Hasn't crashed in a couple of hours. Maybe it was just a fluke.

Reaction score
No issues with the update here on 2011 iMac or 2010 MacBook so far. Liking Photos and iCloud Photo Library so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
No issues with the update here on 2011 iMac or 2010 MacBook so far. Liking Photos and iCloud Photo Library so far.

Hmmm…??? Must be another poster with the same name…??? ;)

… … ... I've been troubleshooting more than my liking since the Yosemite update, but only on my main machine, a mid-2011 iMac, not the 2010 MacBook. Resist the urge to install "helpful" utilities.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...perience-so-far-new-mac-user.html#post1652565

Reaction score
OP
McBie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
10.10.3 Supplemental update has been released..... that didn't take long :)

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.