• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

1 gb of apple ram

k3s

Reaction score
I recently bought 2 gigs of apple ram that was on sale at the local bestbuy. Well i removed the original in my macbook 2 512 mb, since i have no use for them i was thinking of selling them? What would be the return? I did some searching on ebay and prices were around 9- 15 dollars with shipping included. Would this be a good price? Anyone have experiences selling them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
I just sold the RAM out of my MacBook for $16 .

Not bad considering:

Macbook Pro: Installed 4GB, removed 2GB ($80 - $40 rebate) = $40
Macbook: Installed 2GB from Macbook Pro, removed 1GB = free
Sold 1GB RAM for $16 ($40 - $16) = $24 total cost to double machine's RAM

:D

So umm, yeah. That sounds about right!

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
I just sold the RAM out of my MacBook for $16 .

Not bad considering:

Macbook Pro: Installed 4GB, removed 2GB ($80 - $40 rebate) = $40
Macbook: Installed 2GB from Macbook Pro, removed 1GB = free
Sold 1GB RAM for $16 ($40 - $16) = $24 total cost to double machine's RAM

:D

So umm, yeah. That sounds about right!

Alright! :D yea sounds good. If you don't mind me asking where did you sell it? Personally? Ebay? etc..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.