• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Well the WWDC keynote was EXTREMELY disappointing!!!!!

Reaction score
I got a live feed from http://www.macrumorslive.com/ .

Steve showed ten features of Leopard and ONLY TWO WERE NEW. The other eight he showed clear back in '06 WWDC. UNBELIEVABLE. The two new features were Leopard has a new desktop and finder. Big freakin doo.

Well so much for the “Top Secrets.” However he did say that Leopard has over 300 new features with a price of $129 coming in October. So you maybe have to discover the “Top Secrets" by yourself.

All in all I thought the keynote was down right laughable, sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I don't know what people expect.

Reaction score
The keynote served its purpose for the most part. Yea not all the 10 features he demo'd were new, much less Top Secret, but I do like where there going. Core Animation is amazing, I can't wait to see some of the things that can be done with it. Plus little things like Stacks are going to go a long way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Apple knew what they were doing. Releasing updates on MB's and MBP's, adding a new option on Apple TV all before the Keynote. I don't know about any of yous, but updating all that stuff before Keynote, made me think they were just clearing the way for a bigger presentation of updated hardware at the actual Keynote. What a flop!

EDIT: I'm so mad Safari 3 doesn't work with Panther. Never thought I'd see the day an Apple Software product works on XP before my SLIGHTLY outdated system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 1.9 GHz 17"
Exactly ... I thought there were going to be really 10 new features, but only 2 new ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I am disappointed. Aside from the graphical & 64-bit stuff, you can get just about every Leopard feature already (spaces, time machine, etc.). Bleh. Apple really could have used this to their advantage - it probably held the most viewers ever recorded because of the iPhone. All these people watching and they didn't even demo the iPhone. What's up with that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Reaction score
I was pretty excited about the new Dock stuff. That's exactly what I wanted added.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
WWDC isn't about hardware, as far as I can tell. Have they ever made hardware updates at WWDC? Other than hoping for a .Mac update or some new secrets of iPhone revealed, I wasn't expecting much else.

"dock floor" - like my ClearDock better. Who cares about reflections?
see-thru menubar - already have it transparant
Spaces - there's already 3rd party options, and better looking to
Finder - looks great!
Time Machine - already auto backup
iChat - meh, a toy

I like the "Stacks" idea, but why does it have to be confined in the Dock? I want to be able to make stacks anywhere on my desktop. I've seen this around, MS has done it, but not put it into production.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WWDC isn't about hardware, as far as I can tell. Have they ever made hardware updates at WWDC? Other than hoping for a .Mac update or some new secrets of iPhone revealed, I wasn't expecting much else.

I like the "Stacks" idea, but why does it have to be confined in the Dock? I want to be able to make stacks anywhere on my desktop. I've seen this around, MS has done it, but not put it into production.

They announced the Mac Pro at last years WWDC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I prefer hardware updates to software ones. So i guess i like Macworld more than WWDC.

Reaction score
It would have been cool to see some product updates but ultimately it was a DEVELOPERS conference and Apple focused on software features.

The closer we get to the release of the iPhone the more disappointed I'm getting. Yeah it's cool, but not cool enough, in my opinion, to warrant purchase at the high price tag given that your cell phone bill is likely to go through the roof as well. Surprise, surprise, it's beginning to look like it's just like most other smart phones but with a hard drive and the Apple name on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you combine all the other stuff Apple has updated the last couple months, and will soon put out, it's quite a bit. If they saved the MB and MBP updates for today and just announced the iPhone and Leopard today, people would be floored.

Anyone else annoyed by the fact that the big answer to 3rd party iPhone apps is webware on a device that doesn't have 3G???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I prefer hardware updates to software ones. So i guess i like Macworld more than WWDC.

Just pretend that the MacBook update a couple weeks ago happened today... then...

right after unveiling the MacBooks... Steve says... "oh wait, one more thing"

NEW, IMPROVED..... MacBook Pro's!!!!!

Introducing LED displays AND Santa Rosa!!!!!
(just happened less than a week ago)

<Cheers, applause, people passing out from the excitement>

Another great WWDC!

:D

Reaction score
i guess this means no new updated imac then?

i have not bought one and was waiting to see if there was a new update but it seems there is not.

should i wait to get one? does anyone have an idea when or if the updated imacs will be released?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If you combine all the other stuff Apple has updated the last couple months, and will soon put out, it's quite a bit. If they saved the MB and MBP updates for today and just announced the iPhone and Leopard today, people would be floored.

Anyone else annoyed by the fact that the big answer to 3rd party iPhone apps is webware on a device that doesn't have 3G???

Yup. Boy, does that ever seem like a copout to me. "No third party apps.... erm... you really want them, eh?.... sure, write all the third party apps you want, just make them in AJAX or Java or something, but you can't touch the OS".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i guess this means no new updated imac then?

i have not bought one and was waiting to see if there was a new update but it seems there is not.

should i wait to get one? does anyone have an idea when or if the updated imacs will be released?

Honestly, no one really knows except Apple. You can check the rumor sites, but they don't always pan out. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought it was funny Steve used a grassy background. The immediate association in my mind made me shiver! Look familiar? *ough*longhorn*cough*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.