• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

women of mac-forums appreciation thread

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i know my life at home would be much different and much less fulfilling without my amazing wife. i try to show her i appreciate her as much as i can. and in that spirit, i want to round up the guys and just say a few words about how much i think you all contribute to make this a much better place to be.

i'm glad this place feels safe and comfortable enough for you to feel like you don't have to hide behind a masculine facade. in return i think you foster a feeling of friendliness and warmth on top of that already stable foundation.

this place could easily be different, like most other places on the net filled with ranting children and angry lonely men. you help make it a home. and in return i think we men have tried to help make this a nice safe place for you to be. free the rude gawking and crassness that can accompany a woman revealing her identity on the net. i feel like we're all really treated equal here, respected for knowledge and geniality, not for testosterone, and not only paid attention if you look like heidi klum.

So to the regulars like MacHeadCase, Beatles4life, Netty, Carol, Cherry, ambivalent; and new members like onecrazycowgirl, Tak, Lisa, iKitten, Flic, Olivia; and the seldom seen like katness and misskool... Thank you all! We really appreciate your company and contributions!

(if i missed anyone - and i'm sure i did - i'm very sorry!)

M

MacHeadCase

Wow! That is the sweetest post in a very long time, Eric. Thank you so much!

I never ever saw a post like this, giving thanks to women, in all my years on forums. And yes most of you do make me feel safe in being a female online. I want to thank you all for your acceptance and just for being who you are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
women rock!

thanks ladies for contributing to the awesomeness of this community.

and for cleaning up after me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Great post!! :)

I'd give you rep for this, but I gotta spread it around some.... :(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
i'm glad this place feels safe and comfortable enough for you to feel like you don't have to hide behind a masculine facade. in return i think you foster a feeling of friendliness and warmth on top of that already stable foundation.

this place could easily be different....... you help make it a home.........

So to the regulars like MacHeadCase, Beatles4life, Netty, Carol, Cherry, ambivalent; and new members like onecrazycowgirl, Tak, Lisa, iKitten, Flic, Olivia; and the seldom seen like katness and misskool... Thank you all! We really appreciate your company and contributions!

Agreed, and MHC, know I can be too much on the .... uhm..... logical.... no ..... opinionated ..... blunt? side of things, so u can let me know when I maybe go over the line a little and should relax some

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Aww, eric, how sweet of you, and all you other thoughtful males, too!

Mind if I express my appreciation in return to all the guys that make it feel 'safe' for the gals? Thank you for the gallantry!

414308393_1c435df9bb_o.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Having women in this forum makes us men feel less... what's the word?... geeky. I appreciate all of you women being members of this forum.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's actually been quite a change over the last 6 months. We've definitely seen a huge influx of female posters which I think it just outstanding.

I'm glad you all feel comfortable here as we try to foster an atmosphere where every is respected (well other than this horrible Zip hosting ad that we're working on now).

Thanks for being part of the forums. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Having women in this forum makes us men feel less... what's the word?... geeky. I appreciate all of you women being members of this forum.:D

+1. But we are still geeks none the less.

Excellent post Eric

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed, excellent post Eric. It's so nice to see all the ladies here as well as some of the other newer users we have gotten over the last few months. Makes the forum an even nicer place to be!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
i know my life at home would be much different and much less fulfilling without my amazing wife. i try to show her i appreciate her as much as i can. and in that spirit, i want to round up the guys and just say a few words about how much i think you all contribute to make this a much better place to be.

this place could easily be different, like most other places on the net filled with ranting children and angry lonely men. you help make it a home. and in return i think we men have tried to help make this a nice safe place for you to be. free the rude gawking and crassness that can accompany a woman revealing her identity on the net. i feel like we're all really treated equal here, respected for knowledge and geniality, not for testosterone, and not only paid attention if you look like heidi klum.

Suck up!!!! :D:D:D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Great post Eric. I remember back in the day when there was only one lady on the forums, and there is definitely a better atmosphere with more women on the boards. So thank you ladies (both on this forum and in my life, but i'll say thank you to them when talk to them next because well.. they dont' read this.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - little but full of spunk
+1. But we are still geeks none the less.

Excellent post Eric

Hehe Stretch...aren't we all geeks? At least I know I am. Great post indeed. Thanks Eric. I don't think I've ever felt so at home as a newcomer.

T

todd51

This is actually the first forum I have been a member of that a number of women regularly post at, now that I think about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I appreciate the fact that Netty is hot.......

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Thanks Eric and to all the others who have contributed to this thread. It was so nice of you to even think about us "girls" much less post such encouraging comments. :girl:

Yes, as I've said before, this forum is like family and I for one really appreciate the safety that I can expect in the content. It's very unique to the web.

Thanks too for the admins and mods who work so hard to keep this a clean place to hang out.

On top of all that...this place is fun and oohhh so addicting. All of you make it a very special place to call home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I guess it is time for me to come out!

I had posted on "How did you come up with your user name?" thread that I am the wife part of johntalin, so that makes me talin (taleen) and not john for obvious reasons. Some of you assumed that I was john. I let it go, because the main issue was to discuss the computer issues. So, there... I appreciate all the salute to women also. Thanks guys!

:yinyang:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.