• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Show us your Christmas lights!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just in time to get you into the holiday spirit, I though it would be nice to share. So, if you've got pics, post 'em up :)

I finished putting mine up just a few hours ago...

2009-12-06_1901.png

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will be starting mine tonight. My place is small but I light it all up. Will post a pic when it's done probably tomorrow evening sometime.

Yours looks nice BTW!!

T

todd51

Wow, that's a beautiful house cwa107! Nice job on the lights too! Looks like you already got some snow there in Pennsylvania?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Looks like you already got some snow there in Pennsylvania?
Want to share some of that snow? You'd think fall just started.

I don't have lights (student housing, basement apt.) but there is a house a block away that is absolutely covered in lights. You could probably see it from space.

T

todd51

We had a LITTLE bit of snow for the first time on Friday afternoon. Just a few flurries, but nothing stuck so it's not like you could tell even 15 minutes after it had stopped.

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, that's a beautiful house cwa107! Nice job on the lights too! Looks like you already got some snow there in Pennsylvania?

Thank you :D Yes - we just got our first snow yesterday. Nothing major, just a bit more than a dusting, less than an inch.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Good job there cwa. Never been into putting up lights myself. But, I like to look at others.

If I did put up any, I'd be like the guy that put up lights saying ditto and pointing next door.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13"/2.53GHz/4GB/320GB & 2009 Mini 2.53GHz/4GB/320GB
Looks really nice! Send some snow to the south... not too much... just a little!

Reaction score
Nice job, I had wanted to start mine this weekend but Thursday evening came down with a cold been sick all weekend :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
Nice job, I had wanted to start mine this weekend but Thursday evening came down with a cold been sick all weekend :(

dude! ur avatar or w.e its called is great!!! LMFAO is that ur dog between the buns?!? hahaha that just made my night :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
I live in an apartment right now while we are saving for a house, so here is my tree!

web.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Led lights hardly show up in a normal point and shoot camera... :(

here is the set on flickr

Tree
4188510045_e324a3cb5d.jpg

house
4188511015_fa20aa5c70.jpg

Edit: forgot the link to flickr.

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice! Beautiful tree too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Nice! Beautiful tree too!
We got the tree at costco this year, they were simply awesome looking, just kept it simple, silver, gold, browns and some reds. I think we aren't even going to add a topper, just nice and simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Nice house CWA.

And nice tree, gagnerants.

Maybe I'll get a photo of ours when my dad and I get around to doing it... right now it's just a table lamp where the tree usually is!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I shall grab a photo of the tree. We kept it short this year, and we set it up on our table. I like that look better than the full tree that sits on the floor, to be honest.

No lights outside this year. We usually put christmas palm trees outside on the front porch that have simple white lights on them, but they weren't set up. May have gotten rid of them, not too sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Ok folks, it's that time of year...share your pics!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is nothing fancy as I live in a small one bedroom Duplex in a court with 2 sets of Duplex's side by side with a walkway in between. It's always been a pain to snap a picture showing it all as some blink and are off when I take any given pic. Here is from quite a distance back. There are more lights than it looks in the pic and a lot are now LED's which cut way down on my bill! :D In case someone asks, the two glowing eyes on the porch are my one cat watching me take the pic! :D

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Here is another pic closer up showing some of the lights.

Another at a different angle showing the other end of the house. What I did not notice till I looked at the picture later is 100 lights in the hedge were out! Fixing that this year. Normally the whole hedge in front of that one windows is all lit up.

I help decorate my friends place out in the sticks. He lives in a Farmhouse outside of the city. Amazing lights. 100k of them. His bill is maybe $400 for December. People drive for miles. I will post a few of those pics in another post since I have helped him put it all up every year.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I help decorate my friends place out in the sticks. He lives in a Farmhouse outside of the city. Amazing lights. 100k of them. His bill is maybe $400 for December. People drive for miles. I will post a few of those pics in another post since I have helped him put it all up every year.
100k? Seriously? Congrats to him for going all out with the holiday spirit.

Nice lights by the way.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
100k? Seriously? Congrats to him for going all out with the holiday spirit.

Nice lights by the way.

Actually 100K could be understating it! He has 200 AMP electric service. We had to put in a separate panel with many circuits each with separate breakers or he would blow every breaker in the panel! Last year another friend and I used a Clamp On Ammeter to measure the current. There are two 120 Volt Circuits each rated at 100 Amps. One side measured 80 Amps and the other 90 Amps! The electric company loves him! :D

There is no way I can even show half of his grounds and lights and decorations here, but there is a 100' long fence in front of his farm. It's all lit from one end to the other. Here are two quick pics of that fence. This is just part of the fence.

A close up of one small area of his fence.

There are driveways going all around the house to the back. Every inch of both sides and the back yard and barn is covered in lights.

This is one side. A lot of things in that pic are animated. I took some videos last year. Deers moving their heads, a large santa all animated with music playing. This friend goes all out for sure. It's a pleasure to help.

Another view from more toward the back.

One shot from the back by his one barn.

It takes days to get this all put up and working right and the load on each circuit optimized so no one circuit will overload or overheat!

He really has the Christmas spirit for sure! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.