• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone rumored specs and details

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'll believe it when I see it

OP
hotdog182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
It looks nice though. you got to admit =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I wouldn't mind that iPhone. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I saw this same pic in a rumor posting weeks ago, so it's probably not true, though the features mentioned probably are that we'll get and I do like the all black look. The pic itself doesn't look like anything more than an iPhone that has gotten the colorware treatment.

OP
hotdog182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
americans get everything. i want my iPhone to get that colorware thing =[=[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
ugh, the glossy black finish would be a really bad move. I haven't done anything to my TV and it has scratches all over it. I couldn't image what the iPhone would look like after a few months of use.

That's so an image of a colorware'd iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, the glossy back probably would be bad, but the black still looks good. Maybe just a semi-gloss like the bottom of the current iPhone. It seems to be pretty durable, at least mine doesn't have any marks.

Reaction score
my mate got a job started last week testing the new iphone. He won't tell me anything about it. Nor has he confirmed I'll be getting a discount on it. 32-64GB, 3G HSDPA, GPS, syncml, mms, video recording, you know.. usual stuff.

I have decided I can't wait so today i got a 32GB touch. We'll see how that pans out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my mate got a job started last week testing the new iphone. He won't tell me anything about it. Nor has he confirmed I'll be getting a discount on it. 32-64GB, 3G HSDPA, GPS, syncml, mms, video recording, you know.. usual stuff.

I have decided I can't wait so today i got a 32GB touch. We'll see how that pans out :)

If the iPhone went to even 32GB, the Touch will have to go to 64GB. I'm pretty sure Apple will have a perpetual gap in capacity between the two as a method of product differentiation. They created a cannibalizing monster by having two product so similar, and now they have to do what they can to manage it.

If I were running the company, I would first intro the 3G and other feature upgrades with the current capacity, milk that for all it's worth, then bump the capacity again. Maybe a summer intro of the 3G and then a capacity boost just in time for the holidays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I would rather take a CDMA/EV-DO version..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Because Apple has an exclusive contract with AT&T for 5 years. The first year is about to be up, hence the 4 years

Reaction score
hmm.. well I recal a bit of hoo-haa earlier this year regarding all those exclusivity deals. It depends on how its worded. If whoever has a 5 year deal for the iphone, the 3GiPhone might not be included in that as it's a different product. Also here in Europe anyway, there are rumours it won't be indefinitely tied to one network - there may be a 6 month period where it is exclusive but after that it might be a free for all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think AT&T would miss something so obvious. They already had a large 3G network, so it's not like it's a new issue. And I'm sure it was Apple, not AT&T, who decided to hold off on a 3G connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 250gb
any chance of the iphone coming out for verizon and other carriers or just cingular again?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.