YouTube on iMac G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Large fonts in Bold like that are very often on most forums considered yelling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Let there be an outbreak of peace here! O:)

Yelling?! I put it in italics, bold, and underline now. Is this going to be edited also?!

It's the impression you convey. You have valuable ideas to contribute, consider ways to do so without overuse of emphasis.

I tried your methods of using Miro using my G4 eMac (can't use the G3/Panther). The video played okay, but the Download function didn't work.

So far I've found Miro quirky, but I'm going to give it further attention.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
You need to go back to high school and learn a few things about properly communicating on the internet. That's all I have to say about this.

When you use a Mac, you expect things to be simple. And doing what you're suggesting, frankly, isn't simple.

Let there be an outbreak of peace here! O:)

It's the impression you convey. You have valuable ideas to contribute, consider ways to do so without overuse of emphasis.

I tried your methods of using Miro using my G4 eMac (can't use the G3/Panther). The video played okay, but the Download function didn't work.

So far I've found Miro quirky, but I'm going to give it further attention.

Which part of the impression? Sometimes I am brutally honest, but I prefer this over sneakiness. It is somewhat of a philosophy.

Please understand that I am reading the default text in a very dull grey. It is difficult for me to see and I have considered magnifying the webpage to be able to better view the threads. The colors, sizes, and fonts, are as routine for me as my user name. Nobody anywhere has had a problem with either until now. And when I post in colors, fonts, and sizes ...I think it is helpful for any members out there (or even guests, people viewing the website) who can't see the small, dull grey text and perhaps they can see my colors, fonts, and sizes.

dtravis7, I never made the original posts in bold, but some of the fonts that I regularly like to use such as Impact, Arial Black, appear to be bold. I never yelled or meant to have it look like yelling...I only like to use the available features, and hopefully it can make my posts easier to view compared to the small dull grey default font.

hughvane: Please let me know more feedback about using Miro, since I might be able to help. For example: Were there any error messages? I have seen a few of them and figured out solutions. I know that Miro does not support Panther... 10.4.11 and QuickTime 7 only. I hope there are other similar applications that support earlier OSs but I have not found any free ones.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is a test to see if black works. Been a while since I messed with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
I like this much better in comparrison to the grey.

C

chas_m

YouTube videos work fine on a G3 -- if you let them load COMPLETELY before playing.

Streaming video is completely out of the question.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
My user name is my decision.
What does this have to do with anything?

I doubt you will use my solution since you most likely replace your mac every year. Not everybody can do this, and not everybody likes to do this.

I expect macs to last more than one year, instead of hearing the same thing about them. "This is impossible on this model of mac. Get a new mac." And is getting a new mac every year a simple solution for some people??
I would venture that most people here don't buy a new Mac very year. I think you're overestimating the wealth of the members here.

Which part of the impression? Sometimes I am brutally honest, but I prefer this over sneakiness. It is somewhat of a philosophy.
The line between honesty and arrogance is a fine line. Just something to consider.

Back on topic, I was going to suggest using YT with an HTML5 friendly browser. The WebM version of YT videos are much easier on the CPU but it may not be easy enough. I will defer to those who use WebM enabled browsers on lower end machines.

Reaction score
Please understand that I am reading the default text in a very dull grey. It is difficult for me to see and I have considered magnifying the webpage to be able to better view the threads. The colors, sizes, and fonts, are as routine for me as my user name. Nobody anywhere has had a problem with either until now. And when I post in colors, fonts, and sizes ...I think it is helpful for any members out there (or even guests, people viewing the website) who can't see the small, dull grey text and perhaps they can see my colors, fonts, and sizes.

While that's fine to change the text color- over emphasizing the size will really annoy us. And please don't post your personal issues here- we're not therapists, doctors or otherwise. We're just computer users who delve in the world that is the Macintosh computer. Keep your issues to yourself. Ever hear of the saying "don't wash your dirty laundry in public"?

If reading the text is such an issue, shoot a PM towards an Admin or Moderator. They can do things far beyond your control.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And this thread is done. It has gone well beyond the original topic of an eight month old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.