your opinion on osx lion

OP
K
Reaction score
Um, the screen with icons as you put it all over the desktop is from the iPad. It's an option as a way to get more Applications on the OS as the Dock is getting quite crowded.

I like all the options in Lion so far. Some have said too many options. To me different users will get along with different options better than other users will.

An on the App Store for Mac, as long as Apple does not completely ban Applications say from a DVD, CD or other places then their store, I have nothing against it. If they make the Mac App Store only, then I have an issue.

I chatted with a "FRIEND" last night who feels Apple is out to GET US and Lion is all Cloud. I pointed out that True Cloud computing will be Applications and your data in a cloud and NOT on the desktop. He feels the App Store is full on cloud since you do not get Physical Media. I asked where he has been? I was downloading Netscape off a server 15 years ago. Apps for download is not new and not Cloud Computing.

Sorry for the Rant but this friend was the person that got me to try OSX and now hates Apple and anything connected with them. :D

My friend also feels Ubuntu is now a Cloud OS and will no longer run that either. I think he will freak when he reads that Microsoft as early as next year is making Cloud versions of Office! :D
I can't seem to understand why the new osx got to have this ipad application style.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yes. Just bring out your thoughts from what you read.

Reading is one thing. Experiencing it first hand is something entirely different. I think I'll save my opinions for when it's actually installed on my iMac. >_<"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.