• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Your Broadband Plan. Are you happy with it? Will you Change it? Improvements !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
We're rockin' comcast, but it's pretty terrible. I'll have to run the speed meter when I'm at home, but the last time I ran it I was getting about 5 down and 1 up. Customer service is terrible, as well, and the internet goes down fairly frequently.

Been meaning to switch to FiOS, as it's available at my house, I just haven't had the time. The switching office is right across the street from my house, too, so it ought to be fairly zippy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I assume you have an upgraded TV package with Virgin then?

Yes, I've got the XL package with Virgin and also have a V+ HD box but I'm not sure if that was a one off payment or a monthly fee that we pay for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I use my Sony Ericsson T715a (3G/HSPA+) to tether to my Dell Studio... My monthly plan is $45 and includes unlimited browsing as part of one of my features

It's fast, cheap, and gives me the freedom to browse from pretty much anywhere I go.

I'm not changing a thing :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Yes, I've got the XL package with Virgin and also have a V+ HD box but I'm not sure if that was a one off payment or a monthly fee that we pay for that.

Oh they used to charge a one off fee for the box, but I think they stopped a while back, and it's free now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.