Yay! We ordered my new MacBook Pro!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
OS X does not have write support for NTFS so you will need to install something like Paragon's NTFS for Mac OS X or NTFS-3G (Mac version here) if you wish to transfer files from OS X to your Bootcamp partition.

OP
K
Reaction score
I d/l the NTFS 3G mac version from your link Vansmith, installed it, restarted, and the computer booted into windows xp! I then rebooted into Leopard, but I see no icon or any other indication of installing NTSF 3G - what went wrong?

EDIT - just looked at my Leopard desktop - I see a NTFS 3G icon. But how do I use it to transfer folders/files to my bootcamp (win XP) partition? The instructions talk about "mounting/partitioning" but I don't want to have to repartition my hard drive again - my bootcamp partition is already NTFS. Very confused.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've not used ntfs-3g (don't run Windows through BC) so I recommend following the guide here. This should hopefully get you going.

If you've already successfully installed ntfs-3g, you should just have to open the BC partition in Finder (double click the BC partition icon) and drag/drop files as needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Yeah, all it does is install the correct driver to write to an NTFS partition. It is not a program you launch and then use to transfer files, it is integrated into the system.

OP
K
Reaction score
you should just have to open the BC partition in Finder (double click the BC partition icon) and drag/drop files as needed.

I just opened the BC partition (it's an icon of a hard drive) on my Leopard desktop, and I dragged and dropped the folders onto the BC partition - its neat! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 1.25 GHz DP, OS X 10.3.9/OS 9, NVidia GeForce 4 Ti 128 MB, NEC 22" CRT
Pretty nice bunch of people, here, eh, K515? Thanks again for pointing the way here.
Jude

OP
K
Reaction score
Pretty nice bunch of people, here, eh, K515? Thanks again for pointing the way here.
Jude

You're right Jude, they are nice!

btw, I used NTFS 3G to move some folders from my Leopard side to my XP side and it looks like some (not all) of the files may be corrupted.

filesmovedfromosxtobc.jpg

aresomefilescorrupted.jpg
[/IMG]

why do some of my files I moved have a "._(filename)"? what does the "._" mean? Are they corrupted?

Also, when deleting text in OS X you have to go in reverse, but when deleting text in windows you go forward using the "backspace" key?

OP
K
Reaction score
(bump)

Im getting mine on August 7th while I'm on vaca. If I can find some wifi I will surely post pictures for you :]

Macgirl, did you get your mac yet? If you did, why not post a "Yay, I got my mac" thread here like I did and any photos (if you have some) of your mac, please?

I'd like to see what your mac looks like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
(bump)

Macgirl, did you get your mac yet? If you did, why not post a "Yay, I got my mac" thread here like I did and any photos (if you have some) of your mac, please?

I'd like to see what your mac looks like.

I got it in August, the reason I didn't post is because I was on vacation and none of my relatives had wireless internet, then by the time I got back I kinda forgot. Here's some pics of my baby, not very high quality but you get the idea. Best 1200 dollars ever spent, hands down.

IMGP0763.jpg

IMGP0764.jpg

IMGP0762.jpg

OP
K
Reaction score
Oooo, Macgirl, you have a red one? I never knew (let alone saw) a red Macbook either on the table at the local Best Buy store or even at apple.com!

Where did you get it? What's that thing under it (never saw anything like that before)?

Your macbook sure is pretty - it reminds me of a juicy red apple that's very sweet! My MBP is plain silver, looks kinda plain next to your snazzy, flashy MB. Enjoy yours!

Thanks for posting the pictures. I like to look at pictures of my internet friends' computers, and share pics of mine with these friends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
The red is a casing covering the exterior of an aluminum 13 inch macbook pro. The thing under it is a cooling stand of sorts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Why is your resolution so low on the new 15" mbp?

My MBP1,1 is 1440x900...either yours is set up wrong or it's eff'd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
The case is a speck see thru satin, and it's pink not red :] The thing under it is an iLap, its a notebook cooler/ laptop stand for macs.

OP
K
Reaction score
Was looking for the thread where members post desktop pictures but couldn't find it, so am posting mine here:

Ever since I got my MacBook Pro I've wanted to eat a Big Mac, but haden't had the chance so yesterday when we picked up my MBP at the Apple store (after it's hard drive failed Sat/Sun), we ordered big macs - 1 for Mom, 1 for me from McDonald's on the way home.

I took a picture of my Big Mac and Lookiee!

macbookprobigmac.png

My new MBP desktop!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I feel Nauseous lol ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.